Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fantasy football guys are super nerdy, annoying sports talkers

SoreArms

There's this guy in my office that plays fantasy football. Fantasy football and video games are his life.

Now, I like football, I watch the games and I like talking about the games on Monday morning just as much as the next guy but I like normal guy post game talk. Simple post game talk, something like this "You watch the game?" "Yeah man, that last touchdown was a killer on the spread" "Yeah, I knew I should have picked the other team instead" "you catch the ass shot of that cheerleader?" bam, normalcy. Now this is how a conversation might go with Nerdy Mcfootballboner here "You watch the game?" "Yeah, I started Moron Mcquaterback on my fantasy team this week. I think he could have easily passed for 200 yards, but in the 3rd quarter on that 3rd and 6 play, number 57 came in rushing and Crappy McBlocker did block him properly. I wish Joey Brokenfoot wasn't injured 'cause I would have played him instead, that's killing me in fantasy points and blah blah blah, nerd nerd nerd, blah blah blah" AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! He drives me insane! It's to the point where I fear bringing up the games now.

I'm so glad thsi guy doesn't like baseball, he'd probably take all the fun out of that too.

lol

im guilty of that fantasy talk... i know how annoying it is when other people do it so I try to keep it in check.

I feel bad because once this guy gets going I basically have to turn away and kind of ignore the guy to get him to stop and realize I'm done with the conversation. I can usually see him out of the corner of my eye standing there, waiting, figuring out if he should cut or if I'll turn around soon to continue the conversation.

I don't care about knowing all the stats and every players name on every single team. I care about what I'll call the Sportscenter syndrome, just the highlights and the names that matter.

SoreArms said:
I feel bad because once this guy gets going I basically have to turn away and kind of ignore the guy to get him to stop and realize I'm done with the conversation. I can usually see him out of the corner of my eye standing there, waiting, figuring out if he should cut or if I'll turn around soon to continue the conversation.

I don't care about knowing all the stats and every players name on every single team. I care about what I'll call the Sportscenter syndrome, just the highlights and the names that matter.
is this the same guy from a whilel back that you where whining about being super annoying ?

people are like that with MLB baseball in the NYC area, every fucking asshole knows more than all MLB General Managers and Managers. Fucking Yankee fans never shut the fuck up, even when they are winning championships. (talking about ny football giants all the time is perfectly acceptable though)

sounds like normal talk for those who know football well and have an interest in the game, except for the fantasy crap.

hotzie said:
is this the same guy from a whilel back that you where whining about being super annoying ?
I think so (Star Trek, video game freak). The guy is actually pretty cool, it's jsut once you get him rolling on one of "his" subjects, the guy assumes that everyone else is also on super nerd mode.

The guy moved here from out of state, knows no one but his wife, kids and coworkers. So work is pretty much the extent of his social life. Some days it's like he can't wait for me to get in so he can tell me about the night before "last night I was playing this game and I got to this level where i had to fight this one guy and if I would have killed him I would have gotten to move on to this other level where blah blah blah....." I try to have some sympathy and patience because I understand where the guy is comming from, but I wish he'd just tone it down a bit.

I'm also assuming that all fantasy football players are this geeky and annoying because there's another dude in the company that plays fantasy football, and once in a while when those two talk it's the Nerd bowl of fantasy football in my office.

SoreArms said:
I think so (Star Trek, video game freak). The guy is actually pretty cool, it's jsut once you get him rolling on one of "his" subjects, the guy assumes that everyone else is also on super nerd mode.

The guy moved here from out of state, knows no one but his wife, kids and coworkers. So work is pretty much the extent of his social life. Some days it's like he can't wait for me to get in so he can tell me about the night before "last night I was playing this game and I got to this level where i had to fight this one guy and if I would have killed him I would have gotten to move on to this other level where blah blah blah....." I try to have some sympathy and patience because I understand where the guy is comming from, but I wish he'd just tone it down a bit.

I'm also assuming that all fantasy football players are this geeky and annoying because there's another dude in the company that plays fantasy football, and once in a while when those two talk it's the Nerd bowl of fantasy football in my office.
yea i know what you mean , goddamn fantasy football nerds

jackangel said:
sounds like normal talk for those who know football well and have an interest in the game, except for the fantasy crap.
yes, and it's perfectly fine between two people that "know football well" and care to talk about it that indepth.

I'm pretty geeky when it comes to baseball, but I learned long a go that just because someone asks me about the game or is wearing a Dodgers hat doesn't mean they care about stats, trades, pitch counts, managerial moves, etc.... Sportscener syndrone applies there as well.

Top Bottom