Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

exercises to make your waist muscles more fast twitch

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
hw do you guys train your waist muscles (i think obliques, the ones that make you 'whip' a punch) to make em fast twitch

is there a better way than trunk twists? i hope so, side crunches done at speed? theres also this crewy thing at my gym with a turntable that spins round and handlebars and you stand on it and whip round and stop yourself with your hands....any use?

its kinda a lame question but i hate trunk twists i just wondered if there was anythng i could work into my ab routine to increase the speed. i dont even target the obliques now as i was afraid to make em slow twitch, i used to do dumbell side bends a while back

anyhow any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

View your entire lower torso as a girdle of muscle. Develop the entire structure as a support belt. Develop the lower back, abs, internal and external obliques. Use side raises for external obliques, hyperextensions for lower back, elevated crunches for rectus abdominals, and nautilus rotary torso for internal obliques.

Avoid plyometric trainning for your lower torso. Why risk the injury for unproven benefits?

u can work with a medicine ball..sit up throws and twisting throws.. etc

if u had a jammer machine u could work jammer twists which would b very good for punching strength

I second the use of the jammer. There is also a great amount of med. ball series workouts. I also feel that hang cleans and hang snatchs(no point in coming off the floor b/c we are more concerned with hip drive/extension) at a light weight would be helpful.

Top Bottom