Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Early predictions for baseball???

Kakdiesel

Banned
Who's goin to the big show and who's not? and why?

I'm picking my all time favorite team: Boston Red Sox.
Reasons:

Great, underrated pitching staff. their rotation is strong and unsung: Pedro (when he comes back) , Nomo is back to where he was rookie year, Saberhagen and Cone--great comeback stories.

Bullpen: Rod Beck, Urbina, and Derek Lowe--when on, are the nastiest trio since the 1990 Red's Nasty Boys of Charlton, Dibble and Myers.

Defense: One word: NOMAR

Hitting: Carl Everett, Dante Bichette, Manny, Nomar, Daubach, Veritek/Hatteburg, Trot Nixon, Offerman, Valentine...all very good/excellent hitters..they get on base, hit for power, good situation hitters...very underrated lineup.

Jimy Williams is a great manager...runs a tight ship.

What about your all's teams??

Unfortunately, with Pedro not coming back till September, there is a good chance the Red Sox won't make it to the postseason. Granted, I'd like to see them there, I think they have a better chance of beating the Yankees than anyone with Pedro pitching 2-3 games in a 7 game series. The Mariners are intriguing and obviosly the best team this year. That being said, I still see them succombing to the Yankess experience in the playoffs. I think the Diamondbacks have the best team in the NL, but I'd like to see the Giants make it to the postseason so Bonds can get a shot at a ring. I don't think the NL teams really stand much of a chance in the World Series, though.

Mariners are nice, but I dont think they'll go wire to wire like my 1990 Reds did...even though Lou Pinella was the manager for the reds at the time also...

I really do hope its the Red Sox's year..they break my heart every season...I remember when they had nomar and mo vaughn and clemens and thought that was gonna be THE year..

if God is a baseball fan, he'd give this one to the BOSOX :)

You cant buck Seattle, this team just doesn't stop. Im hoping like hell Oakland will sneak up on someone and pinch a wildcard.

Picks:
NY Yankees
Cleveland Indians
Seattle Mariners
WC- Minnesota twins

Atlanta Braves
Houston Astros
San Fransisco Giants
WC- Arizona D'backs

Oakland might sneak up on Minny, but Minny needs to get into a rut for that to happen. Oakland started off to slow, but there comin on strong now.

In the NL, its a toss up between SF, Zona, and LA. I'd like to see LA get in there, but they always seem to find a way to wet the bed down the stretch. Can't buck the D'backs with that pitching staff, they will be in there, either by way of wild card or divison winner. Chicago Cubs are also a slepper team to look out for.

Kakdiesel said:
Who's goin to the big show and who's not? and why?

Hitting: Carl Everett, Dante Bichette, Manny, Nomar, Daubach, Veritek/Hatteburg, Trot Nixon, Offerman, Valentine...all very good/excellent hitters..they get on base, hit for power, good situation hitters...very underrated lineup.

Sorry but aside from manny, they got nothing on--Berkman, Alou, Bagwell, Biggio, Hidalgo, Castilla--most high powered offense in the game.

Don't says its cause of Enron, Berkman is batting over .370 on the road.

If our rookie pitching staff holds up, I like the stros, if not, we are screwed.

Top Bottom