Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drug testing

Julie

I'm a bit new to all of this. I have PCO (Polycistic Ovaries) which means that i have increased testosterone levels. My question is would this show up in drug tests at competitions (I'm competing in figure for the first time in November) as though I had taklen illegal substances?
If so what should I do?

Thanks..
It is a NABBA regional show, however I'm pretty sure they have drug testing. I'm not sure what kind though.

Would having a letter from my doctor, outlining the reasons behind my different hormone levels help?

The last thing I want is to get placed and then loose it because of a drug test showing that I had hormone levels reflecting drugs when I hadn't taken anything!

Unless it's a NABBA "natty" show, they probably won't test ya. And if they do, it is pretty unlikely that you would fail it. The limit they set for test:epitest ratios is very high, and if your test levels were chronically that high you would prolly be fully masculinized by now! If you're like most PCOS women, you may have some mild masculinization, but not a full beard hopefully?!

Oops, I just noticed that you're in NZ. If you're competing in a NABBA NZ show, I can promise you that they won't test for ANYTHING at ANY level, not even diuretics, so don't worry about. Good luck too. I hope you're putting that extra test to good use in your show prep!

Top Bottom