Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dodgers Vs. Cardinals Predictions

SoreArms

The Cardinals are an offensive juggernaut this year. They are a wopping 45 games above .500. IMO, if they make it past the NLCS, they take the WS.

This weekend, Dodgers vs Cardinals

I think this might be a glimpse at the NLCS. Also, out of the playoff bound teams, I think the Dodgers are the ones with the best chance to beat the Cards. Beltre, Finley, Green, Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds, the offense in this series is gonna be incredible, it's all gonna come down to pitching. The Dodgers starting rotation has had some problems but nontheless, they have been doing well. The bullpen is obviously weakend with the trade of Mota, but with the emergence of Carrara and Brazoban behind Gagne, that bullpen is still one of the top in the league. The Cards pitching has been a surprise all season, since it was considered a big weakness at the begining of the season, the question is will it hold up? To be honest though, I'm scared for my boys in blue this weekend, they could easily loose their 6 1/2 game lead in these next two weekends. I'll be happy and satisfied if they go 3-3 with the cards over the next two weekend series.

What are your predictions?

The Dodgers will be lucky to win two of the six.

Now for my rant......why in the hell are the Cardinals and Dodgers playing each other in September. Whoever does the schedules needs to be shot. You should only be playing teams within your own division the final month of the season.

powerslave said:
The Dodgers will be lucky to win two of the six.

Now for my rant......why in the hell are the Cardinals and Dodgers playing each other in September. Whoever does the schedules needs to be shot. You should only be playing teams within your own division the final month of the season.
no shit!

You know that the Cubs don't face the Cards for the rest of the season! What kind of shit is that?

The Cardinals will definitely take the series!!!
The Dodgers F'd up trading away that catcher to the Marlins...

DEEZPAZ said:
The Cardinals will definitely take the series!!!
The Dodgers F'd up trading away that catcher to the Marlins...
That trade hurt emotionally because LoDuca was a true Dodger blue player, many L.A. fans were attached to him as a Dodger icon. Mota was just kick ass in the bull pen so that really weakend the Dodgers top strength.

However, once you get past the emotional crap (I wont lie, I almost cried), the trade makes sence (aside from Mota). We now have Steve Finley who has been tearing it up since he came to the Dodgers, Carrara and Brazoban were brought up to give some bullpen aide and they have emerged as the new 7th and 8th inning bridges to Gagne. Heop Sop Choi, although he hasn't been doing much since coming to the Dodgers, is a great catch because he's young, has power, tremendous potential and is only gonna get paid like 300K over the next 3 years. Brad Penny is a great addition to the rotation, unfortuantely he's hurt, but there no way to have forseen that before the trade. The trades also freed up payroll (both Mota and Loduca were due for arbitration and big pay increases at the end of this year) to help the Dodgers keep Beltre after the season (a free agent after this season).

Also, who do guys think emerges as the homerun leader after this series?

Beltre and Pujols are tied at 43 to lead the majors right now

I would have to say PUjols b/c he is on a tear lately!!!
Edmonds and Rolen are having crazy years as well!!!

Top Bottom