Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you realize that Tiger Woods has NEVER come back to win

KillahBee

a MAJOR (corrected) after starting the final round out of 1st place? NEVER. I don't think most people realize this (I didn't, until a few TOUR guys were debating it recently).

I'm sure the guy will go down as the best player in golf history, but can he truly have that title without EVER mounting a MAJOR comeback win?

I don't know about that. That's one of the signs of a true champion, in my opinion.

Last edited:
What are you talking about?
He's come from 54 hole defecits 16 times in his career, including The Player's, The Memorial, several WGC events, The ATT @ Pebble Beach and numerous less well known events. he has never come from behind after 54 holes in A MAJOR. That's an entirely different statement.

He's come from 54 hole defecits 16 times in his career, including The Player's, The Memorial, several WGC events, The ATT @ Pebble Beach and numerous less well known events. he has never come from behind after 54 holes in A MAJOR. That's an entirely different statement.

My bad, I meant in a Major. That's what the discussion was about.

Also, eat poop.

The discussion topic is still a relevant one, IMO.

Once again, poop. Eat it.

+1. He typically makes his move in the 3rd.

He typically makes his move in the 3rd.

This doesn't matter to the original post. I said "when he's down in the final round". Unless you just meant he starts playing better in the 3rd round.

Either way, the question is: if Tiger ends his career never mounting a comeback win in a Major, should he still be considered the GOAT?

This doesn't matter to the original post. I said "when he's down in the final round". Unless you just meant he starts playing better in the 3rd round.

Either way, the question is: if Tiger ends his career never mounting a comeback win in a Major, should he still be considered the GOAT?
To extend your question to another theoretical. Some team wins the NBA title by winning 4 straight games four years straight and leads every game start to finish. They should not be considered the greatest team ever because they never came from behind? WHAT....THE.....FUCK......?

This sounds like a group of old white dudes who are so desperate for a new angle on the same story they're sitting around trying to keep golf and crusty old fuckers like Arnold Palmer relevant by drumming up pointless factoids.

If you froze time right now he'd be considered the best ever even if he never wins another major. When he's at his best, what he does with a golf ball is unamatched by anyone in history. But right now it is not there.......he has some serious swing issues. It may very well be that he never gets' back his old form because he revamped his swing around his knee.

To extend your question to another theoretical. Some team wins the NBA title by winning 4 straight games four years straight and leads every game start to finish. They should not be considered the greatest team ever because they never came from behind? WHAT....THE.....FUCK......?

This sounds like a group of old white dudes who are so desperate for a new angle on the same story they're sitting around trying to keep golf and crusty old fuckers like Arnold Palmer relevant by drumming up pointless factoids.

Comparing basketball to golf isn't very relevant. I'd rather not even give silly comparisons like that any attention.

Also, cool, you brought race into this. Nice.

Top Bottom