Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

College football bowl dilemma

Thick dog

There has been a lot of speculation that if Miami loses to Nebraska and Colorado beats Oregon, that Colorado will get a share of the title. I disagree, since Colorado has 2 losses, one being a blowout, but there is a lot of speculation nonetheless. The argument is that Colorado beat Nebraska head to head. If the previous scenario plays out, here is the question I would like to see answered: How can anyone justify putting Colorado ahead of Miami? Miami will have one loss, Colorado two losses. They didn't play head to head, so you can throw tha targument out. Colorado played a little bit tougher schedule, but not that much tougher to warrant them moving ahead of a Miami team with one less loss. Some people might be able to use the head-head competion argument for Colorado over Nebraska, but what about Miami?

If Miami loses (I think it is VERY possible), then by the BCS rule of #1 vs #2 with the winner being National Champs, it should go to Nebraska.

That being said, Miami with one loss to Nebraska would still get my vote for #1.

the NCAA should take a look at their little brother..I-AA football.

Here's what i think should happen.

Limit every division I college to a 10 game season...the top 4 ranked teams play in a small bracket..

week one of the playoffs will be 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3.....then the FOLLOWING WEEK (i dont think college football deserves these long breaks except for final examination week) the winners play for the title..

there's no way colorado should be number one. fresno beat 'em. one win against nebraska is being given too much weight. i still say my horns are a better team than the buffs (simms' nerves killed us in the rematch and we destroyed them in the first battle.)

btw, what do y'all think of the miami-nebraska game. 'huskers are gettin' 9.5. i'll be in vegas this weekend...

I'll be watching them all on tv. Here's the story on Nebraska-Miami. If any team can match up with the Cane's it is Nebraska. Miami has a great secondary, one of the best I've ever seen, but Nebraska is a running team. Miami has shown to be a little velnerable to the run, although mainly when they already have a lead. Nebraska can run on anyone. The key to beating Miami is not turning the ball over. If you turn it over, they will kill you. Nebraska is generally pretty good in that area, so they should keep it close. Miami's offense can only stop itself, and in big games, It usually doesn't do that. I think it will be a close game, but Miami will win, because they have a better team. Many people point to last years FSU -Oklahoma game as a comparison of the teams, but I think last years OKlahoma team was better than this years Nebraska team, and this years Miami team is better than last year's FSU team...

I will be at both the Gator and Orange Bowls. catch me in either spot.

Miami will win the Rose and put the whole thing to rest.

Only the coaches poll is bound to the BCS system. The AP poll can vote whoever they like number one after the bowls. Their current rankings are 1: Miami, 2: Oregon, 3: Colorado, 4: Nebraska. So, if Miami loses, the writers will probably vote the winner of the Fiesta bowl as national champion. I'm hoping for it because this system sux. Give me the old traditional bowl tie-ins and arguments from the two polls or give me a 16 or 32 team playoff (8 would suck)!

No worries, Miami will take it. Damn Bama got lucky as hell tonight with a blocked punt and three missed field goal attempts. They did not deserve that win, and that is coming from a life-long fan who grew up watching Paul Bryant

NO POSSIBLE WAY!! Nebraska wins and they are National Champs. Hands down. Colorado has come on too late.

FBD, how can you say that? being one who bleeds crimson i have to disagree. they did deserve it cause they did what they had to do to win and yes they got lucky on that last fieldgaol. ISU played their hearts out. i think overall bama has more talent but they came in and played half-assed football. i saw so much they could have done better. for one they could have been more aware of heywood, he ran all over them at times and second was they biltzed too much. they'd of done better just rushing 3 and playing a containment type defense. change that much and stick to the run and stop trying to be fancy they'd of won that game by at least 2 or 3 td's. but overall i think ISU played a better game despite having less talent. shows you more talent does'nt always win games.

as for miami-nebraska. if miami looses and colorado wins, then yes split the championship. if miami wins they get it. same if oregon wins and nebraska, split it. but miami will win so no worries mate.

Top Bottom