Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chargers Steve Foley

a creed

Banned
I guess having a Blood Alcohol level of .233 wouldn't make someone as "erratic" as AAS.....................here's an piece of the article that just sounds "silly" to me. Why don't they just admit that he's ALWAYS been a troublemaker and has ALWAYS had problems with authority................

"His history of aggressive and even violent contact with law enforcement indicates the possibility of more than mere alcohol involvement," wrote criminal investigator Dan Nordell. "[Steroids] can cause erratic behavior in those that use them. This has been given names like 'roid rage for the uncontrollable outbursts and violence experienced by some users."

here's the link for those that care...........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2587718

silverbackn said:
I'm a Chargers fan, it makes me sad

it "is" sad that no one ever taught him to control his actions and emotions; so that later in life he/we can blame it on something/someone else.

Some of these athletes need to start taking responsability for their own actions

a creed said:
it "is" sad that no one ever taught him to control his actions and emotions; so that later in life he/we can blame it on something/someone else.

Some of these athletes need to start taking responsability for their own actions
No shit! It drives me crazy. It's compounded by the fact that they are athletes and don't play by the same rules. Then they do get popped and act like fools because they are used to getting away with shit.

silverbackn said:
No shit! It drives me crazy. It's compounded by the fact that they are athletes and don't play by the same rules. Then they do get popped and act like fools because they are used to getting away with shit.

true dat' bro :coffee:

silverbackn said:
I'm a Chargers fan, it makes me sad

You know what makes me sad?

The fact that an off-duty white cop in civilian clothes, with a civilian vehicle decided to follow a 6' 3" 255lb black man in a nice car for 10 miles and then confront him with a gun. In retrospect, I think the officer was the drunk one.

In that type of case, you call in the real cops (you know, the ones with uniforms and police cars and the jurisdiction). The shooting was the fault of the officer, imo. If he just calls it in and acts as a witness (say during the several minutes he was following Foley) then real squad cars and uniformed (on-duty) personnel show up at the scene to make the arrest. If, at that point, Foley resists, then fine... he gets what he gets. But that cop had no business confronting -- much less shooting -- the man three times. Last time I checked, we didn't shoot folks for driving drunk. The officer created the situation that led to the shooting -- and it was really poor judgement, imo.

How was he planning on detaining Foley? Was he going to wrassle with him? Slap him in the cuffs (oops... don't have any, that's right... I left them at work)? Sit him in the back of the squad car (oops... don't have one of those either)?

Try to put yourself in Foley's position. If some schmo got out of his car waving a gun at you and told you he was a cop, you would likely not believe him. You'd get back in the car and drive off -- or at least you should. I'm sorry, but in this age of instant communications, I really find it hard to believe that the off-duty officer couldn't have handled this situation better.

-J

jerol said:

The fact that an off-duty white cop in civilian clothes, with a civilian vehicle decided to follow a 6' 3" 255lb black man in a nice car for 10 miles and then confront him with a gun. In retrospect, I think the officer was the drunk one.

They have been keeping an eye out for him since he beat up a few cops a while back. I bet that cop had been stalking him.

jerol said:

In that type of case, you call in the real cops (you know, the ones with uniforms and police cars and the jurisdiction). The shooting was the fault of the officer, imo. If he just calls it in and acts as a witness (say during the several minutes he was following Foley) then real squad cars and uniformed (on-duty) personnel show up at the scene to make the arrest. If, at that point, Foley resists, then fine... he gets what he gets. But that cop had no business confronting -- much less shooting -- the man three times. Last time I checked, we didn't shoot folks for driving drunk. The officer created the situation that led to the shooting -- and it was really poor judgement, imo.

How was he planning on detaining Foley? Was he going to wrassle with him? Slap him in the cuffs (oops... don't have any, that's right... I left them at work)? Sit him in the back of the squad car (oops... don't have one of those either)?

Try to put yourself in Foley's position. If some schmo got out of his car waving a gun at you and told you he was a cop, you would likely not believe him. You'd get back in the car and drive off -- or at least you should. I'm sorry, but in this age of instant communications, I really find it hard to believe that the off-duty officer couldn't have handled this situation better.

-J
I don't know all the facts, but I tend to agree with you here. The world we live in is not innocent anymore, it sucks that shit liket this happens.

the entire incident and its portrayal is HIGHLY suspect. Though this has been a standard for officer involved shootings in San Diego.

San Diego's news media is also fairly conservative and generally pro-police.

Top Bottom