Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Canada and hockey...

PsychoSkitz

I guess the ''we don't love hockey as much as Americans think we do'' stance many Canadians have taken the past decade or so was just a disguise for a shitty National team, eh?

Gretzky lost a lot of my respect. First, he blasts the country that made him. The happiest moments in his life were being traded to LA and NY. Then to go on and act like Canada is the underdog? Every hockey analyst said Canada was the best. Most of them said the only chance the US team had was due to the 'miracles' US hockey teams have been known to pull off on home ice. IMO, he made the best team, Canada, look like the worst in order to make it look like Americans are anti-Canada.

Canada played a helluva game. They were all over the ice.

Now all the Canadians can return to their mansions and luxury cars in America and continue getting paid American dollars for the game they love....

"The happiest moments in his life were being traded to LA and NY."

Care to back that up with a source? If not, then just shut your mouth.

The country that made him huh? Gretzky was a world star long before he hit LA. Problem is that, like everything else, the US is ignorant to the world unless it falls in their laps. Am I supposed to thank America for taking care of our players? Are we supposed to be greatful for the fact that Americans overpay and overdo everything? Canada's national teams were ruined by the people that picked them over the last few years, we've always had the tallent just not the right people on the ice. Bottom line is when it comes to real winter sports, Canada rules. Have all the Bobsled, Luge and other Snowboarding garbage you want. Canada rules the ice....and we drink real beer too!

Ingram said:
"The happiest moments in his life were being traded to LA and NY."

Care to back that up with a source? If not, then just shut your mouth.

Everyone wants to play for American teams. That much is fact. How many superstars are still on Canadian teams? Iginla will be traded to an American team in a few years when he reaches superstar status. If I had the videotape of Canadian players talking about this from ESPN, I'd post it.

Bure, Lindros, Gretzky, Messier...it's a long list. Nobody like's being paid 62 cents instead of a dollar.

PsychoSkitz said:
I guess the ''we don't love hockey as much as Americans think we do'' stance many Canadians have taken the past decade or so was just a disguise for a shitty National team, eh?

Gretzky lost a lot of my respect. First, he blasts the country that made him. The happiest moments in his life were being traded to LA and NY. Then to go on and act like Canada is the underdog? Every hockey analyst said Canada was the best. Most of them said the only chance the US team had was due to the 'miracles' US hockey teams have been known to pull off on home ice. IMO, he made the best team, Canada, look like the worst in order to make it look like Americans are anti-Canada.

Canada played a helluva game. They were all over the ice.

Now all the Canadians can return to their mansions and luxury cars in America and continue getting paid American dollars for the game they love....

does it make you feel better now ?:rolleyes:

hoeycow said:
The country that made him huh? Gretzky was a world star long before he hit LA. Problem is that, like everything else, the US is ignorant to the world unless it falls in their laps.

If hockey was limited to Canada and it was to Americans what lacrosse is I'd venture to say that nobody would know who Gretzky, Lemieux, etc were.

Yes, America did make him a world superstar.

How come Canada doesn't have a massive hockey league of their own, one so large that Americans want to play in it?

Just wondering if there is one, you know like, The Northern Neighbor of the NHL or something.

Re: Re: Canada and hockey...

manny78 said:

does it make you feel better now ?:rolleyes:

I gave credit to the players. I just think the people claiming it's not as big as us "arrogant Americans" think was a bunch of horseshit. Can anyone prove me wrong?

PsychoSkitz said:

Everyone wants to play for American teams. That much is fact. How many superstars are still on Canadian teams? Iginla will be traded to an American team in a few years when he reaches superstar status. If I had the videotape of Canadian players talking about this from ESPN, I'd post it.

Bure, Lindros, Gretzky, Messier...it's a long list. Nobody like's being paid 62 cents instead of a dollar.

Yet somehow Vince Carter, Carlos Delgado etc... can somehow in other still pull a few cents together to buy a burger. Of course they drive 2nd hand chevettes & the teams lives together to make their money stretch further. The poor buggers. :rolleyes:

Athletes who play in Canada get paid in equivalent U.S. bucks. U dumb ass.

And Americans wonder why the rest of the World finds them rather annoying! :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom