Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Couture in November?

Delinquent

Not Likely but possible. I'm not sure why Lesnar's camp and even Lesnar himself would say yes to this so soon. I mean, I'm one of the most pro Lesnar guys you're gonna get because I can see the potential of him changing MMA forever. I don't think going from Herring to Couture is a good idea at all. I'll be rooting for Lesnar but I'm just not sure he's ready yet

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture at UFC 91? It's Far-Fetched, but It Could Happen - MMA FanHouse

Could Randy Couture end his legal battle by fighting Brock Lesnar at UFC 91?

It's an extreme long shot. It's probably not going to happen. And yet it's a rumor that is picking up enough steam in the MMA community that it's worth at least passing along.

Couture, the UFC's heavyweight champion, is engaged in a protracted legal dispute with the UFC as he attempts to get out of his contract so he can fight Fedor Emelianenko. That dispute is currently in arbitration in Nevada, and there are rumors that the dispute could be settled with an agreement that Couture would fight one more time in UFC and then become a free agent.

When I first heard those rumors I didn't think they sounded credible, but MMAJunkie.com reported today that multiple sources close to Couture say it could happen.

So would UFC go along with it? At first blush, I would think they probably wouldn't: Why promote Couture for one more fight, only to have him leave the organization and go fight Fedor for another promotion?

But perhaps the UFC could be persuaded to bring back Couture as a vehicle for promoting his opponent as the future of the UFC heavyweight division. And the guy UFC definitely wants to promote as the future of the division is Lesnar, who is coming off a dominant unanimous decision win over Heath Herring at UFC 87.

Lesnar was supposed to fight Cheick Kongo at UFC 91, but that apparently isn't going to happen now because of Kongo's shoulder injury. The UFC will have a hard time finding a suitable opponent for Lesnar, and a Lesnar-Couture fight would be a huge moneymaker as a pay-per-view main event.

The biggest question here is whether Lesnar, with three professional fights, would have any chance at all against Couture. The answer, I think, is that he would: Not a good chance -- Couture is obviously the favorite -- but a chance. Lesnar is so big and strong that Couture wouldn't be able to take the fight for granted.

I do not think Lesnar-Couture at UFC 91 is going to happen. But I don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility, either. And if it happens, the fans will get their money's worth.

Lesnar would P'WN the old man.

Too much size diffential. Randy's biggest problems came against wide bodies (excluding Chuck).

Never underestimate the old man.
captain-america-wallpaper.jpg

Lesnar would P'WN the old man.

Too much size diffential. Randy's biggest problems came against wide bodies (excluding Chuck).

Tim Silvia?

Top Bottom