Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

boxing question

seventieschile'

I just turned 23 years old, 5'8 appxly 155lbs and have recently started boxing in the wilkes-barre, Pa area. I could kick my own ass for not starting earlier, but this area has almost no boxing clubs and i was very lucky to find this one.
I basically just went down to the club and took part in a workout, the instructer informed me that I had a shitload of potential and offered to train me for free. I have blazing hand speed and a tremendous right but my technique is awful and my stamina is just putrid, although i have a decent physic: appxy 10%bf solid muscle.
Anyways my question is this, how long would it take for someone who has natural boxing talent to learn the sport well enough to fight professionaly? My instructer wants me to have about 10 amatuer fights then go immediately pro. Is 23 too late or do I still have time? and how can I maximize my potential as quickly as possible: this includes supplements, training habits, diet, gear, whatever? And finally if I continue to progress at a rapid rate and continue to look promising, is it essential to move to a boxing city such as Philly, so as to receive the best traing and coaching, to further improve my boxing career?
appreciate all comments. sorry if there are any typos this is a fast post.:fro:

As long as your heart is up to it, there is always time. Frank Shamrock started training in his late 20's.

re boxing

i appreciate the responses. keep it coming. anyone with specific training or training related resources, info, links or websites please post. I certainly appreciate all info.

A good Boxing coach should take you up at the right speed, most pros have been boxing for years and their trainers still hand pick their opponents, so that the opponents stlyle wont make their fighter look bad or give him a loss..

It all depends on what kind of goals you have. Ture, you might not be able to win a world title if you're already 23 and haven't started fighting yet, but that doen't mean you can't have a good career and kick some ass. I have done some amateur boxing and accorded myself fairly well, but I simply don't have the talent to go pro and be successful. So if this trainer says you have real potential, you have to give it a shot. It really all depends on whether or not you love the sport. Technique can be learned and stamina can be acquired (to some extent), as long as you really like the sporting aspect of boxing and are willing to make some sacrifices. At what weight would you be fighting?
let us know how it turns out.

if it works out and you are getting good, i would reccomend going on toughman. Even though it's a bunch of moron's that know nothing about the sport it give you one thing most professional fights can't give you. National recognition. That would be your ticket to some big time stuff, sponsors, and better fights.

Top Bottom