Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing For HIIT: How Would I Do It?

I've been bodybuilding now for around 6 years but am getting a little bit fed up with running for HIIT, so thought I'd try something different. I decided to purchase a heavy punch bag & gloves, and have now set it up in my garage, but for the past week all I've been doing is going in there & punching it for around 15-20 mins.

I want to make a HIIT punch bag routine, but can't think of how I'd set it up. Maybe something like:

- 5 minute warmup
- 30 secs of punching it as hard & fast as I can
- 1 minute of punching it normally
- And so on for 15 mins ^^

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Hey van: I have done this a bit before and its good.

There are many options. I did some varities, normally 30 second hard as I could, 30 seconds rest, e.g.,:
(1) just straight punching as hard as could
(2) punching and kicking simultaenously, or alternatively.

I'm not sure anything can compare to sprint intervals in intensity, but it is really good. I did find though that my shoulders would take a battering from it, so I wouldn't do it bulking as it would interefere with things like bench.

I should also add if you have a heart rate monitor, it is relatively easy to compare the effectiveness of different HIIT or cardio protocols. Obviously for HIIT the higher the better. If you can get above that 180+ threshold boxing - which in my experience you can - then it gets a tick for HIIT IMO.

Top Bottom