Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing and callistatics, help or hurt?

tommboy

I currently do boxing along with my weight training. Bodybuilding is my main goal but I do love boxing. (I don't need to stay in any certain weight class the more mass the better and also don't need to worry about my cardio). How will this training effect my muscle growth? Will it help or hurt it? And what about callistatics? Such as pushups and situps? We sometimes do those in class. Will they help, hurt or maybe bne negliable. My next cycle will prob be a 12-16 weeker that is based around tons of test was thinking about Tren but I think I will be better suited using test because it will help me recover from all of the training I do so much better. Oh yea I plan on doing a 4 day split and MAYBE working out 5 times a week

Boxing is excellent cardio. I also box and I love it. It is more excititng that running on a treadmill. As long as you are getting proper rest, I can't see it hurting. Make sure you stretch your shoulders enough when done, mine cramp up from time to time after punching so much. Then the lifting sucks. Oh yeah....Tren makes me an angry boxer :) If you can control it, it is good for intensity. Peace.

I boxed for better then 12 years .... never found bodybuilding and boxing to be a good combination as the muscle size increases limited my speed and mobility to much .

I still stop in at the club and help out the younger kids who are training for bronze silver and golden gloves ... my reflexes are slower now so i hardly spare anymore , but when i do , i'm more of a selective one punch wonder .

I have been boxing over ten years now the only thing I really liked for boxing was var and halo. I think you will be fine with the test but doing alot of boxing or cardio will effect your bodybuilding if your trying to push heavy weights.

Would I be ok if I am doing mainly to learn how to punch right to and dont really mind not being able to beat other boxers so much as to beat some punk on the street haha. (bodybuilding is still and will allways be my # 1)

tommboy said:
Would I be ok if I am doing mainly to learn how to punch right to and dont really mind not being able to beat other boxers so much as to beat some punk on the street haha. (bodybuilding is still and will allways be my # 1)

Dude I feel pretty much the same way. I started boxing about 6 months ago; I enjoy it alot however, I have lost weight and strength from it which Im not too happy about. Lifting and bodybuilding I get more of a 'high' from.

Youll be fine. Should keep you lean and moblile. Being jacked is cool, but sacrficing a few pounds so you can still throw and punch/wipe your own ass is definitley not gona hurt you. Dont become a teddy bear ... keep boxing.

yea havent lost anything right now really it has helped I havent been lifting as much, but the summer is around the bend and im gonna jump on another pretty hefty cycle, Will I still gain? Should I maybe not be doing the pushups and situps and crap ?

tommboy said:
yea havent lost anything right now really it has helped I havent been lifting as much, but the summer is around the bend and im gonna jump on another pretty hefty cycle, Will I still gain? Should I maybe not be doing the pushups and situps and crap ?
Pushups and situps are fine it is the heavy cardio that will hurt you it takes away alot of your stregth but if you are eating right and drinking plenty of fluids you will gain.

Top Bottom