Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boss Bailey 46in vertical?

dood

Anybody believe he actually has a 46-48in vertical. He is 6'3" and weighs 235. He is a linebacker for the lions. If he really has that vertical he must be really strong.

Not necessarily really strong- really powerful and really explosive yes... Strong, most probably... I think he has a mad 40 time too... I forget what it is, but I think some had him at sub 4.4

Crazy...

Why is this so hard for people to believe?.........Probably bc it doesn't equal the questioning persons ability.

I believe it without even seeing it.

:) props

PolishHammer1977 said:
Amazing how athleticism runs in family trees.

Ever notice that?
Funny hammer, real funny, LOL

For the record, I was not in doubt of his vert.. If I got my a$$ up 34-36 once upon a time, it is entirely more than possible...

I personally don't believe he has a STANDING 48inch vertical.

Think about it, 4 feet just standing there. He would have to generate a ton of power to launch 235lbs up that high.
Not even Volleyball players, and all they do is jump and train for that get that high and these guys are much lighter.

With a running start sure.

CoolColJ said:
Think about it, 4 feet just standing there. He would have to generate a ton of power to launch 235lbs up that high.

I thought CCJ maybe had a point here- so I ran some numbers- my physics skills might be rusty though

Given factors
235 lbs =106.6 kg; 4 ft = 1.2 meters, time=1 second (I guessed this as his time on the ground)

Velocity- Using the distance, gravity, and a time of 1 second on the ground, I got his initial velocity to be
16ft per second = 23.5 mph = 4.9 m/s
-sounds reasonable- though in the optimal human performance range

Force- Using his mass, times the velocity above, divided by his time on the ground (1 sec)
3760 ft*lbs/sec2 = 522.3 Newtons = 0.05-0.06 tons of force (depends if you use US or UK standards)

Power- Force*Velocity, both from above
60,160 ft2*lbs/sec3 = 2559.3 Watts =3.43 Horsepower

So here is my question- One- does this seem correct- or have my physics skill eroded too much these days? Two- do these numbers seem reasonable?

I don't think they are that unreasonable considering his 40 time
40 yards @ 4.3-4.4 seconds - for him to run that fast, he would have to AVERAGE a velocity of 19.0-18.6 mph (27.9-27.3 ft/s or 8.5-8.3 m/s) over the entire distance... thus he must be able to go faster and have extremely fast acceleration to attain that AVERAGE velocity.... Granted- this is vertical vs hoizontal displacement, but an initial velocity for the jump of about 23.5 mph might be reasonable- though a running or at least a step or two would make it MUCH easier...

Thoughts?

first off you put way too much thought into that becoming...lol...i am not about to check it

I can say that I have personally witnessed a 42 inch standing vertical by a 215 pound man. It would be possible but at the freakish ranges of standard deviation

Top Bottom