Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best football team of all time?

Tarheel

So I'm wondering who you think is the all time greatest lineup that played together? Its gotta be a great *team* and not just a couple star players, thats for sure. They've gotta have good defense, good running and good passing (even if they stand out in one field).

I've heard from a couple ppl that the '75 Steelers were the best ever. A killer O-line, Steel Curtain defense, Terry Bradshaw, etc.

What Packers? Lombardi's Packers? The '96 Packers? The current Packers? Which do you think were better at thier time?

Of course we really cant compare old teams to new teams directly, hell I'd put my money on the current University of Miami against the the late 70s Steelers. But respective of the era they played in, the Steelers were pretty dominant.

Cowboys had some dominant teams during the 60s and then 90s as well.

Tarheel said:
hell I'd put my money on the current University of Miami against the the late 70s Steelers.

Cowboys had some dominant teams during the 60s and then 90s as well.

U of M couldn't stop Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris and Terry Bradshaw in their prime, also wouildn't able to score much on Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Andy Russell, the Steel Curtain, Donnie Shell, etc.

The Cowboys never won the NFL Championship in the 1960s.

The Steelers had some good ones...I still love watching the old highlight films of their battles with the Oilers...How Could Earl Campbell pack hits on those guys is beyond me if only his team would have been better

He was Def the Barry Sanders of the Late 70's Early 80's

Meaning his team blew ass and he carried them when he could

U of M couldn't stop Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris and Terry Bradshaw in their prime, also wouildn't able to score much on Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Andy Russell, the Steel Curtain, Donnie Shell, etc.

Skill wise I agree, no college team today is on par with that NFL team, but physically I think today's college teams could play right with them. You've gotta remember how far strength training has come in 20 years.

I cant argue whether or not they could stop Bradshaw. I'll agree that Bradshaw was probably a better player than Dorsey is today.

U of M's defensive line would dominate the Steelers. Steelers biggest guy on the O line was about 260, they probably averaged around 250. Mike Webster (the center) was only 225 when he went in the NFL, high school centers are heavier than that! I dont have any stats about speed, but I'm sure the modern players are faster across the board.

Thier linebackers were all about 220-230. College fullbacks are regularly 240+ these days.

Sure Bradshaw would be a superior passer, and Franco would be about 230 and have hands to catch an Immaculate Reception, and Blount would still cover WRs (if he could catch them) but do you think that would be enough?

Cowboys were an expansion team in what, '60 or '61 and won the Superbowl in 71? They were playing for titles by the Mid-60s though.

Top Bottom