Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beastie Boys

brownbrown

EF MOD
Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, known as MCA, dead at 47

Adam-Yauch-speaks-at-the--008.jpg
Adam Yauch speaks at the Apple Soho store in 2008 Photograph: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images

Rapper Adam Yauch, a third of the trailblazing hip-hop act the Beastie Boys, has died aged 47.
Yauch, who performed as MCA, had been in treatment for cancer since 2009 after discovering a tumor in his parotid gland.
The band's management posted a lengthy statement on the Beastie Boys website:
It is with great sadness that we confirm that musician, rapper, activist and director Adam "MCA" Yauch, founding member of Beastie Boys and also of the Milarepa Foundation that produced the Tibetan Freedom Concert benefits, and film production and distribution company Oscilloscope Laboratories, passed away in his native New York City this morning after a near-three-year battle with cancer.
Initially dismissed as a trio of jokers who scored a fluke novelty hit with Fight for Your Right (To Party) on their 1986 debut License to Ill, the Beastie Boys would grow into one of the most ambitious and influential acts of the 1990s.

The Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, but Yauch was unable to attend due to his health. His cancer treatments also delayed the release of the group's most recent album, Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2.
In addition to his career in music, Yauch was a film-maker and passionate Buddhist and defender of Tibetan rights. Yauch directed many of the band's music videos under the name Nathanial Hörnblowér, including So What'cha Want, Intergalactic and the more recent Make Some Noise.
Yauch, who is survived by his wife, Dechen Wengdu, and their daughter, Losel, wrote a letter to his bandmates and fans for last month's hall of fame induction: "I'd like to dedicate this to my brothers Adam and Mike," he wrote. "They walked the globe with me. It's also for anyone who has ever been touched by our band. This induction is as much ours as it is yours."

Latest US news, world news, sport and comment from the Guardian | guardiannews.com | The Guardian

My threads usually fail miserably, so it's good that you started one too. MCA deserves 2 threads.

Wow!

I am a fan and also realized I'm old...I can't believe he was 47!!

My threads usually fail miserably, so it's good that you started one too. MCA deserves 2 threads.

^This

MCA will be missed greatly. Beastie boys "licensed to ill" brings back the greatest memories for me and my friends growing up. I was 12 when that album hit, and I literally wore the cassette out I listened to it so much and had to get another. Then when CDs hit big, it was one of the first I purchased.

RIP MCA

Top Bottom