Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCS Championship Game: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. LSU Tigers

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Ohio State enters the BCS Championship Game as the No. 1 seed for the second straight year. The Buckeyes hope for a better result against their SEC foe this time around at the Louisiana Superdome. LSU and Ohio State will face off in the controversial game, which some believe could have seen Georgia, USC or West Virginia as deserving foes. Of note, the Buckeyes rank No. 1 in overall defense and LSU has struggled to a 1-7-2 ATS mark their past 10 games.

Oddsmakers currently have the Tigers listed as 4½-point favorites versus the Buckeyes, while the game's total has not yet been posted.

Ohio State held Michigan to 89 yards in a 14-3 win last time out, covering the 4-point spread. The 17 points scored were UNDER the posted total of 46.5.

Todd Boeckman went 7-for-13 for 50 yards and a pick, while Chris Wells ran 39 times for 220 yards and two touchdowns for the Buckeyes.

LSU put up 463 yards in a 21-14 win over Tennessee in the SEC title game last time out, creating a PUSH with the 7-point home spread. The 35 points scored were UNDER the posted total of 59.

Ryan Perrilloux went 20-for-30 for 243 yards, one touchdown and one pick, while Jacob Hester ran 23 times for 119 yards for the Tigers.

I still think that Mizzou diserverd the bid over LSU. They tromped in the Sugar bowl too. I would say that you can't deny Ohio's D. They are fabalous and while Defense may not be able to win the game for you, they can definately keep you from losing. So My money would be on the buckeyes to cover the spread if not win outright. I would also say that it will be a low scoring game so under is my bet.

11.5 underdog big ten representative michigan beat SEC rep Florida 41-35 in this year's capitol one bowl

I think Flynn is a better game manager than Perrilloux, but they always say that about the white guy. I like LSU bigger either way but I like them bigger if his ankle is 100%.

Seeing Meeechigan beat Florida has me thinking the team speed thing is overrated. OSU's playmakers are just as fast as LSU's, but LSU may have more depth of speed if playing a lot of guys on defense matters.

It won't be a beatdown like last year but I still won't bet against the SEC. I'm going down with that ship. Besides, the SEC is 6-2 in bowl games so far; the Big Ten is 3-4.

Top Bottom