Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Baseball's new steroid testing in full force

BileStew

I had a feeling the first casualty would be a non-star, low end, light hitting player just to make it look as if it's working. Poor guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2029037

Outfielder says he will fight his suspension

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Devil Rays outfielder Alex Sanchez was suspended 10 days for violating baseball's new drug policy, the first player publicly identified under the major leagues' tougher rules.

The suspension begins Monday when Tampa Bay opens its season against Toronto, the commissioner's office said Sunday.

Under the new policy that took effect last month, steroids and other performance-enchancing substances are the only drugs to draw a 10-day suspension. Baseball officials and the players' union agreed they would not disclose the exact substance for which a player tests positive.

Sanchez said he was surprised by the suspension, adding that he uses milkshakes and multivitamins to build his energy -- and blaming the positive test on something he bought over the counter.

"I'm going to fight it, because I've never taken steroids or anything like that," said Sanchez, who was released by Detroit in mid-March and signed by the Devil Rays.

Sanchez, 28, who hit .322 with 19 stolen bases in 79 games for the Tigers last season, said he was drug tested while he was with Detroit. He was to be the Devil Rays' center fielder on opening day.

Devil Rays general manager Chuck LaMar said the team would have no comment on the suspension.

"It's suprising," manager Lou Piniella said. "That's all I have to say on that."

New York Yankees manager Joe Torre, speaking before Sunday night's opener against the Boston Red Sox, believed the test was a sign baseball's new steroids policy is working.

"The fact that the testing evidently worked, that's what we want to find out," Torre told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney. "We want to get the fans' trust back, and that's the only way it's [going to] happen ... this is a good sign -- not for Sanchez -- and it gives credibility [to the testing system]."

It already had been an emotional month for Sanchez. The center fielder was reunited with his mother for the first time in 11 years in mid-March. Five days later, he was released by the Tigers.

Sanchez left Cuba on a raft 11 years ago, leaving his family behind. On March 10, Sanchez reunited with his mother and brother in Miami, where he has a house with his wife and twin boys. Sanchez's mother and brother escaped from Cuba by boat and spent time in Mexico and Texas before traveling by bus to Miami.

2004 SEASON STATISTICS
GM HR RBI R SB AVG
79 2 26 41 19 .322

they set him up..fucking Donald Fehr and Selig...i've seen Sanchez in person. last summer. not a juicer..he's not even that muscular. just stocky.

KillahBee said:
isn' Johhny Damon such a classless little pussy?

no Joe Torre is. Keep your mouth shut Torre. Deal with Giambi if you are "so concerned" about steroids.

Pervis Ellison said:
they set him up..fucking Donald Fehr and Selig...i've seen Sanchez in person. last summer. not a juicer..he's not even that muscular. just stocky.

I agree, I just Googled an image of him and he looks like a bulkier Jimmy Walker.

Who do you think is next to get nailed, the assistant groundskeeper?

"I juiced to get stronger so I could pull the tarp out faster during rain delyas".

KillahBee said:
nope, but just his fucking face pisses me off.

What a fucking catch by Matsui on the Millar "homer'!!!!!!

I ran out, how did the Yankees score. And you're a Mod now, if this thread gets sent to that Sports Forum, I'm hunting you down and screwing your girl. or at least keying your Vega.

BileStew said:
I ran out, how did the Yankees score. And you're a Mod now, if this thread gets sent to that Sports Forum, I'm hunting you down and screwing your girl. or at least keying your Vega.

It's a Scion, shittits.

williams hit a sac fly and Matsui scored. Giambi got a single. I clapped very hard. Let's fucking go

Top Bottom