Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AFC Central

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

now, we go division to divison with break downs... we are starting with the mighty afc central for one reason... WINNY FAN was complaining i dont talk about the steelers enough...well dude, here ya go!!!

cleveland browns- they improved their defense through the draft and with free agency... gerard warren and courtney brown give them two super young soon to be powers of the DL.. dwayne rudd comes in from minni and will help their other backer wali reiner make some plays.. thats four very solid guys in the box and they have two decent guys in orphues roye and keith mckenzie... secondary is horrible still, corey fuller is their top corner!!!
on offense they have couch healthy, they have decent recievers outside but NO RUNNING GAME AT ALL!!!
they will win 5... :die:

cincinnati bengals- it starts with corey dillon (fuck off natymike).. he is the reason the team will be able to throw the ball when it does.. akili is gonna get his chance but i dotn think he will start much this year until mid season, jon kitna will be the one stinking it up this year... all he has to do is HOPE dillon starts strong and makes the d's come up to stop the run, then warrick will be a big threat.. fortunately they do have a deep game with scott back from injury and in an interview he was saying how he has something to prove... i like darnay and hope he does prove soemthing.. he didnt get the credit he deserved when pickens was there...

on defense i feel bad for takeo spikes, the guy is fucking good!!! they drafted justin smith but i havent seen him play so all i know is he is supposed to be good... corners are horrible and basically unknown.. have you heard of robert bean or mark roman??? hehe, trouble

they will win 3, maybe 4 if they are able to throw up 30 points a few times...
:frlol:
PITTSBURGH STEELERS- winny, feel free to argue but kordell stewart is NOT a quality qb and he is the number one this year, no questions asked... for your sake he better be out to prove something... they resigned the bus.. i love jerome but how much more can he take??? he seems to be hurt every other week now. the last two drafts they took some recievers, local boy (for me) plaxico burress and that dude who SCORCHED nebraska a few years ago (troy edwards).. hines ward iss their other guy who is gonna start ahead of edwards??? i like the their back up back who's name i will not even TRY to say maahfalifali or whatever :)... the key with their season is the defense.. offense will do OK at best with no passing game.. (by the way, kordell NEEDS to run around and make plays, the more he does the better the team will be)...
the Dline is weaker than it usually is BUT they got that 3 -4 scheme still and not many teams use that so its tough to prepare for... LB's are their strength, gildon is awesome and big, kirkland part deux... earl holmes can play too and mike jones is pretty good.. not sure who the other dude is... corners are merely ok... chad scott can play but if your team loses as many players as this defense has in the last 5 years.. you are doomed!!!
win 6 or 7 just cuz they can beat up on teams like cinci and cleveland, but they will play the ravens and titans TOUGH since it will be a low scoring game, they will steal at least one from the top two (one of the four games, not one from each). :( :FRlol:

jax jags- the cream of the crop going into the year for the last 4 or 5 years.. it just hasnt panned out and will might not now that baltimore and tennessee have a stranglehold on the division.. brunell is signed up again and has become a pocket guy, that seems to have hurt his big play ability.. he was better when he could move.
if fred taylor is healthy he can be a fucking beast like he was after he got better last year... the guy had 8 or 9 straight 100 yard games!!! he gets the cupcakes in cinci and cleveland to pad stats against and i think he can actually run on the ravens and titans... they actually have a shot at a wild card since their offense is better than the titans or ravens (in my opinion)... jimmy smith and keenan mcardell are GOOD, still!!! they got dawkins in FA and he can make some plays cuz of his size, but he isnt fast... OL is solid.. offense is in good shape if they stay healthy...

on DEFENSE the right side of the line is decent, they drafted that stroud dude... they have brackens over there too... LBs are decent, kevin hardy and hardy nickerson are both quality guys and secondary is pretty damn good with lake and darious at safeties and fernando bryant being their top cover guy... they might bounce back this year and surprise some teams... i wouldnt count on the division title if i were baltimore or tennessee..
they will win 9, maybe 10 if baltimore's offense struggles against them... last year though, baltimore scored 39 one game against them...
:p

baltimore ravens... lewis is good, yes.. the offensive line is powerful, yes... they have a new qb but ya know what? he isnt the leader that dilfer is.. he is a better player but not a better leader, i wonder if that means randall cunningham will get a chance.. personally, i think he will and if he does the ravens will be a better team than with grbac... i think their weakness is on the outside.. i would like to see jermaine lewis get more chances on the offense like he did 3 or 4 years ago.. he was awesome and fast, big play guy...
as for the defense... i still say they played pitt, cleveland, cinci, and tennessee and that helped keep the numbers down... tehy are aggressive and hit like mother fuckers and they dotn miss tackles... but i am not on their jock... they were ranked NUMBER TWO by the way... not number one.. that would be the titans!!!
the linebackers rock, the front four will not be as good as they were last season... and i dont think duane starks is nearly as good as mcallister... teams will be able to do more against them this year... we will see how good that defense is when they play DENVER, MINNESOTA, AND INDY... each of those teams will be the tests for the ravens defense...
winning 10 games, and NEITHER against the titans!!!

THE TENNESSEE TITANS- they have the same core of guys again... they are lacking a big play receiver unless derrick mason (local fag) is good again, i am not a big fan but he has shut me up... i think they go as kevin dyson goes.. if he gets healthy and becomes what he was gonna become, they will be dominant again.. eddie g is hurt but started training camp yesterday, he is in good upper body shape though, and should be a force as usual... franky w is the man at tight end and he just beats LB's and safeties constantly... on defense they were the best in the league as far as yards per game... and with kevin carter there now and angry... LOOK OUT!! solid at linebacker with godfrey and robinson, corners are good too!!! baby deion wanna be samari rolle is good... the other cb is not nearly the man rolle is YET, but he is a rookie!!! young and fast corners could be tough to beat... especially with bishop waiting to take your head off back there... they did lose marcus robertson though, and that is a big loss!!!
titans with their 3rd straight 13 win season!!!!

The Jags would be the team if they got some solid receivers.

Plus, they choke against the Tits. every year.

I don't think Brunnell can handle the bear of a whole season any longer. Look at this to be his last year or two as a starter.

Baltimore........11-5........In
Tennessee......10-6........In
Pittsburgh........8-8........Out
Jacksonville......8-8........Out
Cincinatti.........5-11.......Out
Cleveland........4-12.......Out

The Titans have the most balanced team and may have the best record, but I don't see them making past the Ravens in the playoffs. They still lack a big playmaker on offense, and really the only way to score on the Ravens is with a big play, you aren't going to drive down the field on them.

I see no reason why the Ravens wouldn't be the favorite to go back to the superBowl, they didn't lose anybody and have a lot of young talent to boot. I look for Jamal Lewis to have an even bigger year than last year.

Injuries and a few underachievers have robbed the Jaguars of being a legitimate Superbowl contender, but they still have too much talent to go ignored. They really need a healthy Fred Taylor for an entire season.

The Steelers seem to have solid, well rounded team, but no real playmakers on offense. They have a good linebacking corp, but the rest of the defense is about average.

The Browns do have a nice young defensive line in the works and a QB to build around. They do themselves a favor and not win more than 3-4 games so they can acquire a really high draft choice and get Couch a playmaker or 2 next year.

The Bengals actually have decent skill position players, minus QB of course, but they are so weak on both offensive and defensive lines, that 75% of their games are lost before they ever really have a chance. I'd like to see Peter Warrick with a QB. Takeo Spikes is really talented.

I look for a tight race between the Ravens and Titans.

karsun said:

What about alexander and gonzalaz.

Or bad moon/rice. geez dumbasses.

Rice- Hasn't been the same since his injury, he will do better this year, but he is still washed up.

Moon- Overrated, pretty much washed up fer, he is to busy worrying about broads burning his homes down anyway.

Alexander- Inconsistent.

Gonzalez- Probably the best tight end right now. Todd Heap will be a good one in years to come.

Torry Holt 1642
Rod Smith 1701
Isaac Bruce 1482
Terrell Owens 1462
Randy Moss 1442
Marvin Harrison 1413
Derrick Alexander 1436
Joe Horn 1350
Eric Moulds 1350
Ed Mccaffrey 1317

I wouldn't turn down bruce or mccaffrey.....

I actually wasn't big fan of signing Grbac instead of Dilfer either. Not that Dilfer is anything special, but th eteam had confidance in him, and he was good for a couple of big plays a game, which is all that defense needed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Top Bottom