Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Tale of two Hurricanes-

WODIN

बुद्धकर&
Platinum
Are you cynical yet? If not prepare to be. Also get ready to truly loath your government. I have uncovered something so incredibly cruel and corrupt that readers of this string will leave with newfound disgust for this administration.

As you read these words Americans are dying. Suffering. Being raped. Watching helplessly as their homes and businesses are looted. New Orleans exists in pure anarchy day 6 after hurricane Katrina flooded the city. The Bush administration is claiming they could not have predicted all this, they are helpless, nothing can be done. It's bullshit and I have proof.

Rewind to last year's hurricane cycle. A serious of four storms pummeled the State of Florida, knocking out power and disrupting the lives of the citizens. But they were not just any American citizens. They lived in a State crucial to the re-election plans of a certain president from Crawford, Texas.

A tale of two hurricanes. One, affecting mostly white voters from Florida two months before a presidential election. The second, affecting mostly black voters 10 months after that election was held. I'm just going to provide some links to both and let you make your own decisions about the President. Think for yourself.

================ Hurricane Charlie August 2004 ==============

Quote:
Charley death toll at 13
Convoys of trucks were rolling down I-75 Saturday, loaded with crews and supplies needed in the massive recovery effort. Florida officials said the convoys would keep coming Sunday.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency designated 16 counties eligible for federal disaster assistance, in addition to the four given such designation yesterday. The move allows a quicker rush of funds and resources to the worst hit areas.

Mike Bolch with FEMA said federal officials were going house to house searching for possible victims and providing assistance.

Food and medical supplies were being brought to the state. And FEMA was conducting aerial surveillance, looking for survivors who may need quick assistance.

The Red Cross set up shelters in affected areas, including Punta Gorda. Spokesman Chris Paladeno said the Red Cross mobile food kitchen in Punta Gorda will produce 20,000 meals a day.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/08/14/storms/

Quote:
State records show Bush re-election concerns played part in FEMA aid
As the second hurricane in less than a month bore down on Florida last fall, a federal consultant predicted a "huge mess" that could reflect poorly on President Bush and suggested that his re-election staff be brought in to minimize any political liability, records show.

Two weeks later, a Florida official summarizing the hurricane response wrote that the Federal Emergency Management Agency was handing out housing assistance "to everyone who needs it without asking for much information of any kind."

The records are contained in hundreds of pages of Gov. Jeb Bush's storm-related e-mails initially requested by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel Oct. 13.

Democrats in Washington said the records confirm suspicions that the federal government used the hurricanes to funnel money to Florida, a key battleground state in the presidential election. "They weren't really asking for information, yet they were just doling out this money like it was Christmas," said Lale Mamaux, spokeswoman for U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler, D-Boca Raton.

"It's not surprising to learn that [Republicans] played politics with the hurricanes that tragically affected hundreds of thousands of Floridians last year," said Josh Earnest, spokesman for the Democratic National Committee.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...0,5221240.story

Quote:
In 2004, George W. Bush and FEMA left little room for error. Not long after Hurricane Charley first made landfall on Aug. 13, Bush declared the state a federal disaster area to release federal relief funds. Less than two days after Charley ripped through southwestern Florida, he was on the ground touring hard-hit neighborhoods.

Bush later made a handful of other Florida visits to review storm-related damage, but the story on the ground was not Bush's hand-holding. Rather, it was FEMA's performance.

Charley hit on a Friday. With emergency supply trucks pre-positioned at depots for rapid, post-storm deployment, the agency was able to deliver seven truckloads of ice, water, cots, blankets, baby food and building supplies by Sunday. On Monday, hundreds of federal housing inspectors were on the ground, and FEMA already had opened its first one-stop disaster relief center.

By the end of September, three hurricanes later, the agency had processed 646,984 registrations for assistance with the help of phone lines operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Fifty-five shelters, 31 disaster recovery centers and six medical teams were in operation across the state. Federal and state assistance to households reached more than $361 million, nearly 300,000 housing inspections were completed, and roughly 150,000 waterproof tarps were provided for homeowners, according to FEMA figures.
http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1104/110304cm1.htm

=============== Hurricane Katrina August 2005 ================

Quote:
Explosions Fill New Orleans Sky With Smoke
NEW ORLEANS - An explosion jolted residents awake early Friday, illuminating the pre-dawn sky with red and orange flames over a city where corpses rotted along flooded sidewalks and bands of armed thugs thwarted fitful rescue efforts.

Congress was rushing through a $10.5 billion aid package, the
Pentagon promised 1,400 National Guardsmen a day to stop the looting and
President Bush planned to visit the region Friday. But city officials were seething with anger about what they called a slow federal response following Hurricane Katrina.

"They don't have a clue what's going on down there," Mayor Ray Nagin told WWL-AM Thursday night.

"They flew down here one time two days after the doggone event was over with TV cameras, AP reporters, all kind of goddamn — excuse my French everybody in America, but I am pissed."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hurrican...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

.....how pathetic.

What happened to you Wodin?

75th said:
.....how pathetic.

What happened to you Wodin?

Just glad I didn't vote for the Neocon Christo-fascist blow monkey in chief.

WODIN said:
Just glad I didn't vote for the Neocon Christo-fascist blow monkey in chief.
Neither did I, but Im not surprised you would stoop as low as you are right now, trying to politicize this disaster in hopes to further your cause.

Dont bomb me for pointing out the obvious, but to the best of my memory, Florida was not submerged in water. Florida did not have their citizens shooting at those attempting to rescue them. Florida, in general, was in much better shape than N.O. was 2 seconds after the storm. Its like wondering why the tsunami that hit the west coast in the 1950's was different than the one that hit Sri Lanka last year.

75th said:
Neither did I, but Im not surprised you would stoop as low as you are right now, trying to politicize this disaster in hopes to further your cause.

Dont bomb me for pointing out the obvious, but to the best of my memory, Florida was not submerged in water. Florida did not have their citizens shooting at those attempting to rescue them. Florida, in general, was in much better shape than N.O. was 2 seconds after the storm. Its like wondering why the tsunami that hit the west coast in the 1950's was different than the one that hit Sri Lanka last year.
Facts are facts. Bushies cut $400+ from levee reinforcement for NO. to fund the war on terror. But when it came to bringing home florida last year he jumped through hopes. They don't care is the point.

WODIN said:
Facts are facts. Bushies cut $400+ from levee reinforcement for NO. to fund the war on terror. But when it came to bringing home florida last year he jumped through hopes. They don't care is the point.

I agree...but how much attention do you think this would be getting if it were an election year....thats pathetic if you ask me..and i didnt vote for that ass hat either

lg_triple.jpg

Top Bottom