Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Raider fans view on the big game.

• Thread starter Thread starter HighIntensity
  • Start date Start date
H

HighIntensity

First off this is the matchup I wanted, time to shut chucky and the Bucs up.

Here me out: The Raiders will not lose. Why,

A. Many Raider vet. players feel betrayed by Gruden and have since his shinagens last year, and evential depature to the Bucs. He rebuilt the Raiders, but left before the job was finished, now these same vets carry great distain for their former coach and will play for revenge.

B. This is not Grudens offense: Coach Cal. has taken the old raiders offense and turbo charged it, creating a passing team that is so prolific that it rivals any of the great offenses that teams have possed in the last 30 years. At any point you are faced with Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, D Jolly, J Porter, Riche and Garner as offensive weapons on any given down.

C. The Raiders mamoth offensive line: Not since the early 90's Cowboys has a line this big been present on a football team. Ask any coach and he will tell you O lines win games. Often Raiders lineman can be heard laughing at their opposision while engaged in blocks. This enables Gannon to check through all his reads and find the best option without forcing a pass. Keep in mind the Bucs rely on a smaller, faster D line which will have trouble dealing with the size and power of the Raiders.

D. The Raiders Defense: While no one should mistake them for the Steal Curtain or even the 2003 Buc D, they are opportunistic, hard hitters and a nice mix of smart vets and hard hitting youngsters. Watch out for Linebacker Eric Barton certainly not a household name like Ray Lewis but he had a monster year and will be all over the field come sunday. This D makes plays when it has to, and knows it does not need to hold a team to 12 points but more makes enough plays and stops so the Raider Offensive can do its thing.

Lets also keep in mind that the Raiders are playing with their starting two corners having metal plates in thier legs, and lost two key special team return men early in the year. And they have fought through it all one step away from Super Bowl victory.

The last sentecne that you said will be one of the keys to the game, their starting corners playing with plates in their feet. The Raiders will need to divise plan to get to Brad Johnson consistantly, because Charles Woodson can't make the multiple changes in direction that he nees to make now, healthy he is one of the bes tcorners in the league, but in his current condition, he offer little more han run support. I expect Gruden to take full advantage of this. The other big key, will be the Raiders O-line holding up against the Bucs pass Rush. If the Bucs have to bring linebackers and safeties to get pressure on Gannon, then that will really open things up for Gannon to hit some big plays. The way I see it, is basically the team that gets the most pressure on the opposing teams QB will be at a huge advantage. While it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make that statement, it will have a much bigger impact than normal, due to the nature of these 2 teams offenses.

The Bucs D-line and linebackers always play well. I think that's a given going in. The Bucs defensive backs need to play AT LEAST as well as they played yesterday for this to be a game. If not, it could be ugly.

Didn't the bucs lose their NoseTackle... ??? They suck against the run as it is... but man...

C-ditty

Top Bottom