Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

9/11 Nfl Tenn @ Pitt

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Titans start off season at Heinz Field

Jeff Fisher and the Tennessee Titans will roll into Heinz Field to do battle with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

The Steelers look like the better team on paper, and oddsmakers think so too, setting them as 7-point favorites. The over/under is posted at 40.

The good news for the Titans is Steve McNair is completely healthy to start the season, but that may be the only good thing they'll hear all season. Tennessee finished last year with a dismal 5-11 record, and with a large number of players not returning, including Pro Bowlers Derrick Mason, Samari Rolle, and Kevin Carter, this year doesn’t look too bright either.

Meanwhile the Steelers, led by rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, finished the regular season 15-1 and one game shy of the Super Bowl. All the starters from the No. 1 ranked defense have returned, so expectations for this team will be high.

Roethlisberger will have to prove last season wasn’t a fluke, but with the loss of his favorite receiver, Plaxico Burress, he may have a little trouble doing so.

The Steelers will be hurting in the backfield when they play the Titans on Sunday, as both Deuce Staley and Jerome Bettis are questionable with injuries.

Let me give you some action here...Tenn +7

The Pittsburgh Steelers rode the arm of Ben Roethlisberger to the AFC championship game last season. Coach Bill Cowher is worried about having to do the same to start this season.

Injuries to Duce Staley and Jerome Bettis put that much more pressure on the NFL's reigning offensive rookie of the year going into the Steelers' opener against Steve McNair and the Tennessee Titans.

Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh's starting offense looked mediocre in the preseason, causing concern for Cowher.

``Would I have liked to see us be more in sync in the passing game? Yes,'' said Cowher, entering his 13th season as Steelers coach. ``And that's the one thing I come out of the preseason saying, 'I wish we would have done better.' But we are where we are.''

Following a season in which he became the first quarterback in NFL history to win his first 13 starts, Roethlisberger saw limited playing time in four exhibition games and failed to engineer one touchdown-scoring drive. He was 16-of-36 for 145 yards with two interceptions, often making overthrows or bad reads.

Roethlisberger isn't too worried.

Top Bottom