Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7/4 World Cup: Italy vs Germany

swole

Soccer on the moneyline is a three-outcome event, the score at the end of regulation (90 minutes + injury time) will be used for wagering purposes (Pointspread and Moneylines) and does not include results from extra time and penalty shoot-outs.

After making is past Argentina in the quarter-finals, Germany’s road to the World Cup final only gets rougher as they prepare to meet Italy in the semi-finals on Tuesday.

Germany are +123 favourites to win the match Italy are +230 underdogs The Draw is priced +200

The Germans needed penalty kicks to get past Argentina in a hard fought match, while the Italians advanced with a convincing 3-0 win over Ukraine.

Argentina were 10 minutes away from advancing to the semi-finals but striker Miroslav Klose once again stepped up and played hero for Germany, heading in a goal in the 80th minute to level the game 1-1. Extra time decided nothing and the match was forced to be settled by a penalty shootout. German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann did his part saving shots from Roberto Ayala and Esteban Cambiasso. The first four German penalty takers made no mistakes with their spot kicks as the Germans claimed a difficult victory.

Klose’s 80th minute goal was his fifth of the tournament, putting him two head of Ronaldo and teammate Lukas Podolski in the race for the Golden Boot award.

Few expected the Germans to progress this far in the tournament, with many pundits dubbing them too young and inexperienced in defence. But Jurgen Klinsmann’s men, arguably, have performed better than any team in the tournament so far, scoring 11 goals and conceding only three on their path to the final four.

Italy cruised past Ukraine in their quarter-finals match, getting a pair of goals from Luca Toni and an early strike from Gianluca Zambrotta. Once again the Italians were dominant on defence, keeping their opponents off the score sheet for the fourth time in five matches.

For Toni, those were his first two goals of the tournament and great news for the Italians, who had such high expectations from Serie A’s leading scorer.

Tuesday’s match has the makings off a classic: Germany’s potent attack up against Italy’s solid defensive line. The Italians have yet to be tested by an elite footballing nation in the 2006 World Cup and their match with the Germans should prove to be the ultimate challenge. If the Azzurri hope to prevent Germany from making their second straight finals appearance they will need to be the aggressors and get outstanding performances from Luca Toni and Francesco Totti.

eat big said:
You sure you don't want me to host one so you can bet on it?

It's all good. I could lose every single karma point and still be happier than a pig in shit if Italy wins. I felt it in my heart that Italy will win this year. They won when I was born (1982) and missed it by a penalty shot in (i think) 1994. Their time is now.

This is the final game and there can be a draw? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm ignorant, which could be worse. I've never followed it but it is interesting reading.

harmonica said:
This is the final game and there can be a draw? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm ignorant, which could be worse. I've never followed it but it is interesting reading.

Read the bold in my first post. A draw is ruled if the score is tied after 90 minutes of regulation + injury time and BEFORE the 15 minute halves and/or penalty kicks.

I Thank You :)

Congrats on the Italy victory swole.
If you do manage to get to Rome, we probably wont see you for a few months.
Make sure that you write your name and address on your forehead just incase.

:D

Top Bottom