Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7/26 Boxing: Cotto v. Margarito - HBO PPV Fight of the Year!

needtogetarmy

CEO of Project Mayhem
Cotto-Margarito this July for the REAL Welterweight Championship

Stats:

Miguel Angel Cotto
won 32 (KO 26) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 32
age 27
division welterweight
rating 1 / 1361
nationality Puerto Rico
residence Caguas, Puerto Rico
stance orthodox
height 5′ 7″
reach 67“

Antonio Margarito
won 36 (KO 26) + lost 5 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 42
age 30
manager/agent register
division welterweight
rating 3 / 1361
nationality Mexico
residence Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
birth place Torrance, CA, USA
stance orthodox
height 5′ 11″
reach 73“

idhvyp.jpg

whats the odds? its started out low .. if u put up a high limit marq got a good chance to beat him

hurricane187 said:
whats the odds? its started out low .. if u put up a high limit marq got a good chance to beat him

I think Margarito has a VERY good change of beating him. The first few rounds will be critical. Margarito usually starts out slow but his recent change in style is to come out and he destroyed his last few opponents.

Cotto is the perfect opponent because the only time he has been down is in the early rounds. If Margarito can take the first few rounds he has an excellent chance of winning the fight.

Also the size difference is considerable. Cotto is a great fighter but this one is going to be interesting.

I was hesitant dropping so much on Cotto and when I am hesitant I usually lose.

Army Vet said:
I think Margarito has a VERY good change of beating him. The first few rounds will be critical. Margarito usually starts out slow but his recent change in style is to come out and he destroyed his last few opponents.

Cotto is the perfect opponent because the only time he has been down is in the early rounds. If Margarito can take the first few rounds he has an excellent chance of winning the fight.

Also the size difference is considerable. Cotto is a great fighter but this one is going to be interesting.

I was hesitant dropping so much on Cotto and when I am hesitant I usually lose.
lol yea .. any chance of me being able to put more then 200k on this fight with straight up odds?

hurricane187 said:
lol yea .. any chance of me being able to put more then 200k on this fight with straight up odds?

Let me check around for the odds so I can see what the spread. It has moved over the past week.

good to see ya gentleman... AV, Cotto is gonna knock this warrior out, don't forget margarito's lame performance against paul williams... I watched the replay of cotto mosley, his hands are deceptively fast.. margarito won't be able to take the punishment in the distance... cotto's gonna finish off this old warrior by the 9th.

ariel347 said:
good to see ya gentleman... AV, Cotto is gonna knock this warrior out, don't forget margarito's lame performance against paul williams... I watched the replay of cotto mosley, his hands are deceptively fast.. margarito won't be able to take the punishment in the distance... cotto's gonna finish off this old warrior by the 9th.

Williams is a genetic freak at 6'1" and 147lbs lol

Margarito didn't apply himself in that fight. If you look at his record, he only has two real losses (the first three came at the beginning of his career when he clearly lacked experience) and the other two are Williams and Santos. I'll accept he lost the Williams fight but Santos got stopped because of a cut and Margarito always goes very well down the stretch. Also, if he would have started at a much quicker pace in the Williams fight he could have easily won. I think it was the size that threw him off.

Bold call betting on the KO! Cotto is definitely the favorite but I think 2:1 odds for Margarito are way off.

Top Bottom