Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7/1 World Cup England vs Portugal

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

England hope to seek revenge on Scolari

England are hoping third time’s a charm when they meet Coach Luiz Felipe Scolari’s Portugal in their quarter-finals match on Saturday. Scolari’s teams have knocked England out of the quarter-final stages of England’s last two major tournaments. Big Phil did it with Brazil in the 2002 World Cup and then again with Portugal at Euro 2004.

England are +112 favourites to win the match Portugal are +250 underdogs The Draw is priced +210

England’s performances en route to the quarter-finals have been far from glamorous. But they’ve done enough to win their matches and that’s all that matters to coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

“I am not frustrated. I am very happy to be in the position we are in. I think we have been okay and we can play better - and I am sure we will but winning is what World Cups is about”, said Eriksson in an interview with ESPN.

England only managed to put four shots on target in their second-round match against Ecuador. They walked away with the 1-0 victory only thanks to a David Beckham free kick in the 60th minute.

England can look forward to right-back Gary Neville returning to the lineup after missing his last three matches with a calf strain. There’s more good news for the English squad with Wayne Rooney almost back in top form and Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard playing their best quality of football in this tournament.

Portugal escaped with a 1-0 win over the Netherlands in their Round of 16 match but it was something of a Pyrrhic victory for the Portuguese. Scolari’s side will be without midfielders Deco and Costinha, who both were sent off with red cards in that match. The Portuguese may also miss the services of striker Cristiano Ronaldo. A tearful Ronaldo limped off the pitch in Sunday’s vicious game with the Netherlands after suffering a right thigh injury. He is reported to have an 80% chance of recovering in time for Saturday’s match.

16actnc.jpg

hump

that was hairy at the end
not sure who I'm pulling for now
ordinarily I'd choose england
but the short-handed portugese have played the good fight

Top Bottom