Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6/30 World Cup: Germany at Argentina

swole

Soccer on the moneyline is a three-outcome event, the score at the end of regulation (90 minutes + injury time) will be used for wagering purposes (Pointspread and Moneylines) and does not include results from extra time and penalty shoot-outs.

Football fans should be in for a treat when Argentina and Germany -- arguably the two in-form teams of the 2006 World Cup -- square off in the first quarter-finals match on Friday.

Germany are +160 slight favourites to win the match Argentina are +180 underdogs The Draw is priced +205

Juergen Klinsmann’s side is coming off a dominating 2-0 victory over Sweden in their second-round match. The Germans have impressed so far. They are a perfect 4-0-0 in the tournament and haven’t conceded a single goal in their last three matches.

The biggest question surrounding Germany coming into their quarter-finals match is their health. Both captain Michael Ballack and world-class striker Miroslav Klose were left out of the team’s practice on Tuesday because of injuries. Klose is suffering from slight tendonitis in his foot, while Ballack is nursing a swollen ankle. The coaching staff is quite confident both players will be fit for Friday’s match.

Klose has been near unstoppable so far for the hosts, leading all scorers with four goals and assisting on both Lukas Podolski goals in the Sweden match.

Meanwhile, Argentina needed extra time to knock off Mexico 2-1 in their second-round match. Maxi Rodriguez was the hero for the South Americans after he scored the game-winning goal on a phenomenal strike in the 98th minute. The goal was Rodriguez’s third of the World Cup, tying him for the team high with Hernan Crespo, who also scored in the game.

Since their six-goal outburst against Serbia & Montenegro, the Argentine attack has slowed down quite a bit, only manufacturing one goal in the last 180 minutes of regular time. If the South Americans want to keep up with the equally dangerous German attack, they will have to find a way to capitalize on their scoring chances.

Coming into the World Cup, Germany’s defence was deemed vulnerable. But since their opening match against Costa Rica, the Germans have looked far more organized than expected. This game will be the ultimate test for Germany’s back line. If they can keep Argentina’s strikers at bay for the full 90 minutes, Germany could easily be returning to the semi-finals.

West Germany and Argentina met previously in the 1986 and the 1990 World Cup final games. Argentina were 3-2 victors in the first showdown, while the Germans got revenge four years later with a 1-0 win.

Draw

1-1 at the end of regulation + stoppage time

tanosaurus said:
Subscribed... Draw @ 5000
[Doin' my Humpty Dance]

"First I limp to the side like my leg was broken
Shakin' and twitchin' kinda like I was smokin'
Crazy wack funky
People say ya look like M.C. Hammer on crack, Humpty
That's all right 'cause my body's in motion
It's supposed to look like a fit or a convulsion
Anyone can play this game
This is my dance, y'all, Humpty Hump's my name
No two people will do it the same
Ya got it down when ya appear to be in pain
Humpin', funkin', jumpin',
jig around, shakin' ya rump,
and when the dude a chump pump points a finger like a stump
tell him step off, I'm doin' the Hump."

:jump:

tanosaurus said:
But you (Germany) won the game in the end.

Aren't you happy with that?

:verygood:
that's what I mean
I'd like to have won the K too,but the win is what matters

Top Bottom