Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5/9 MLB Red Sox @ Twins 8PM EST

SLAYER69!

By MIKE LIPKA, STATS Writer
6 hours, 27 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintKevin Youkilis’ hitting and Jon Lester’s pitching have both been major factors for the Boston Red Sox as they’ve won eight of their last 10 games.

But both will take their hot streaks into unfamiliar territory at the Metrodome—a place where Youkilis has never homered and Lester has never pitched—as the Red Sox begin a four-game set with the AL Central-leading Minnesota Twins on Friday.

Boston (23-14) has already won a four-game series this week, taking three of four in Detroit to give them six wins in its last seven games.

The normally steady Youkilis—who has never hit more than 16 home runs in a season—has shown a rare display of power and production in the last five contests, going 9-for-21 with four doubles, five home runs and 11 RBIs.

His two-run shot Thursday gave the Red Sox insurance runs in a 5-1 victory over the Tigers.

“I don’t think there’s anything to it, other than I’m swinging at some balls and hitting them out,” Youkilis told the team’s official Web site. “I’m not trying to; it’s just happening. If I could tell you the reason, I would tell you the reason, but there’s no reason behind it.”

Three of his homers came in the last two games at Detroit’s Comerica Park, where he has eight in 49 career at-bats. But he’s had less success in Minneapolis, hitting just .269 with only two doubles and one RBI in 26 at-bats.

Youkilis has never faced Boof Bonser, Minnesota’s scheduled starter.

Most of the Twins’ lineup has never seen Lester (2-2, 3.94 ERA), who threw two perfect innings of relief last September in his only appearance against Minnesota.

After a rocky start to the season, Lester has been outstanding in his last two starts, allowing just one run and five hits in 14 innings, striking out 11.

He’s walked seven over that span, but perhaps more importantly, he’s lasted at least six innings each time—something he had done in only two of his first six outings.

“He’s taken steps to be a more complete pitcher,” Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek said. “We’ve added some stuff to his repertoire and he’s expanding what he can do.”

Bonser (2-4, 4.29) has also shown improvement at times this season, but he struggled early in his last start, allowing six first-inning runs against the Tigers Sunday. Still, he stayed in the game and battled through six innings as the Twins came back to win 7-6.

“There was a couple in the first inning where I couldn’t believe what they did with it,” Bonser said. “Couple curveballs here, fastballs, they were just blooping it in and I was like, ‘What am I supposed to do?’”

Bonser, who had allowed just three runs in 13 innings in his previous two starts, has beaten Boston both times he’s faced them, allowing five total runs in 12 innings.

The Twins (17-16) still lead the Central by one game despite dropping two of three to the Chicago White Sox this week. Before that series, Minnesota had won five straight behind a resurgent Joe Mauer.

Mauer has four multihit games in his last five, batting .625 with five RBIs.

Before taking two of three from the Twins in Minneapolis last May, the Red Sox hadn’t won a series at the Metrodome since 2000, losing 13 of the previous 17 games.

last-baseball game i lost .. the clozer blew the lead in the 9th inning also .. repeat here .. done with baseball bets .. strictly basketball

PuddleMonkey said:
Nobody likes a quitter :chomp:
maybe ill bet small here and there but only cause slayer is in a hole and i dont mind givin him my baseball k donations :p .. lololl..

Top Bottom