Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5/2 MLB: St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds

redguru

STL: Ponson(3-0, 3.13 ERA)
CIN: Williams(1-2, 9.53 ERA)

CINCINNATI (Ticker) - Sidney Ponson already has shown how to cool off the red-hot Cincinnati Reds this season.

Ponson takes the mound for the St. Louis Cardinals when they try to get even with Reds on Tuesday in the finale of their two-game series.

The 29-year-old Ponson (3-0, 3.13 ERA) is off to a terrific start following a 7-11 campaign with the Baltimore Orioles last season. He gave up two runs and five hits in 6 1/3 innings in beating the Reds on April 15.

Cincinnati counters with Dave Williams (1-2, 9.53), who took the loss against Ponson in their previous encounter. In his last start, he yielded four runs and nine hits in five-plus innings of Tuesday's victory over the Washington Nationals.

Bronson Arroyo tossed his second career complete game and Felipe Lopez drove in three runs as the Reds won for the 10th time in 12 outings with Monday's 6-1 triumph over the Cardinals.

Rich Aurilia belted his fifth homer for the Reds, who top the National League in victories (18) and hold a one-game edge over the Cardinals in the NL Central Division.

Shoulda known better than to bet against my home team, either bet on the Reds or don't bet the game at all....

Chambewy20 said:
Shoulda known better than to bet against my home team, either bet on the Reds or don't bet the game at all....
I lived in cincinnati from '89-'92
great sports years
I went to about 40 reds games a year including game 2 of the world series
when the reds won in extra inninngs against the unhittable "eck" to take a 2-0 lean enroute to a 4-0 sweep of the heavily favored A's
one of the most "electrical" and exciting experiences I've ever felt
there really is a crowd electricity that you can feel
the common eruption of elation when I believe joe oliver drove in the winning run is indescriable
and I've done a lot of mind-altering drugs in my life

4everhung said:
great sports years
when the reds won in extra inninngs against the unhittable "eck" to take a 2-0 lean enroute to a 4-0 sweep of the heavily favored A's
the common eruption of elation when I believe joe oliver drove in the winning run is indescriable

Dude, Brian Benzinger graduated from my high school, a little as river town, and was my middle school football coach... when he caught the last out when they swept the A's, it was unbeleivable....

Now he's gonna coach high school baseball nearby... he's a good guy and we were all about it at that time... good times....

Dibble forever... Echersle (sp?.. who cares) NEVER

4everhung said:
great sports years

i've had rushes like this playing sports in high school, you just can't describe how it feels catching a 10 yard slant and turning it into an 80 yard touchdown, or kicking a game winning 40 yard field goal, or picking off a pass (even if you didn't run it back for TD), or planting a RB 40 lbs heavier than you into the grass after he caught a 1 yard pass in the flats after running up from the CB spot

Top Bottom