Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5/13 MLB Atlanta @ Philadelphia 7:05PM EST

SLAYER69!

By MIKE VOTTA, STATS Senior Writer
14 hours, 49 minutes ago

The Atlanta Braves are hoping they’ve finally put their road woes behind them.

The Braves will be trying to build on their first road win in eight games on Tuesday when they open a three-game series with the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.

The Braves (19-18) split a doubleheader with Pittsburgh on Monday, losing the first game 5-0 before rebounding for an 8-1 victory in the nightcap. The win was the first on the road since April 25 at the New York Mets for the Braves, who still own the majors’ worst record away from home at 5-14.

“It’s hard to explain,” Tim Hudson, who started and won the second game, told the Braves’ official Web site. “We’ve been playing pretty good ball and just haven’t been able to catch many breaks on the road.”

Hudson gave up one unearned run in seven innings, and Atlanta’s bats finally came to life. The Braves, who avoided their first four-game sweep against Pittsburgh since 1978, had scored just 15 runs in their previous seven road games.

“I think we’re playing great,” manager Bobby Cox said. “We hit so many balls hard with men on, it’s becoming a joke around the clubhouse. Line drives right at them. It’s crazy.”

Atlanta first baseman Mark Teixeira left in the fourth inning of Monday’s opener and didn’t play in the second game.

The Braves, who are wrapping up a seven-game road trip with this series, will be up against a Phillies team coming off a 3-4 trip. After splitting a four-game set in Arizona, Philadelphia dropped the final two games of its three-game series at San Francisco, including a 4-3 loss Sunday.

The Phillies (21-18) have scored three or fewer runs in six of their last seven losses.

“We definitely are not hitting the ball,” Philadelphia manager Charlie Manuel said. “We’ve got to hit better than we’ve been doing to win.”

The Phillies did score all three runs in just 4 1-3 innings off of Jonathan Sanchez - the first of four lefty starters they are scheduled to face. They are 8-6 this season when the opposing starter is left-handed.

On Tuesday, they will square off against Jo-Jo Reyes (1-0, 2.25 ERA), who is making his third start of the season since he was called up from Triple-A Richmond.

Reyes left in the third inning of his start on Thursday against San Diego after he started to develop a blister on his left index finger.

“I think I’ll be fine,” Reyes, who allowed two runs in 2 2-3 innings, told the Braves’ Web site. “It didn’t blister up, it just rubbed raw.”

Reyes made his only previous appearance against the Phillies on Sept. 4, allowing one run in 3 1-3 innings of relief without getting a decision in the Braves’ 5-2 home loss.

Philadelphia starter Kyle Kendrick (2-2, 4.93) gave up three runs and a career high-tying 10 hits in six innings but did not receive a decision in the Phillies’ 5-4 win over Arizona on Wednesday. He has gone at least six innings in each of his last three starts.

The right-hander made two starts against the Braves last season, going 1-0 with a 4.09 ERA.

baseball is the hardest sport to bet .. nothing worse then takin a team with the ace on the mound at -185 and the bullpen blowing it in the 9th inning .. happend to me 2x in last week

hurricane187 said:
wow i won a baseball game

yeh, u and i both. 1st and 2nd in the 9th. i just knew that we were gonna blow it. But for once, i got lucky

Top Bottom