Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5/1 MLB Oakland @ LA Angels LATE GAME 10PM EST

SLAYER69!

STATS LLC
Justin Duchscherer has pitched 19 1-3 consecutive scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Angels, but all of them have come in relief.

He'll make his second career start against the Angels -- and first in nearly five years -- on Thursday night when the Oakland Athletics try to gain a split of a four-game series.

Duchscherer (1-1, 2.70 ERA) has made 16 appearances against Los Angeles (18-11) out of the bullpen since July 20, 2005, and has only allowed 10 hits over 19 1-3 scoreless innings in that span. He also hasn't given up an earned run in his last 23 1-3 innings against the Angels, and he has a 5-0 career record against them.

The right-hander started in his first career appearance against them on Sept. 9, 2003, giving up four hits over seven scoreless innings in an 8-1 win. He surrendered a total of five earned runs over his next two appearances versus the Angels for the only earned runs they have ever scored against him.

Among the Los Angeles players to have struggled against Duchscherer is leadoff hitter Chone Figgins, who is 2-for-17 (.118) with six strikeouts against him.

Duchscherer returned from the 15-day disabled list Saturday for his second start of the season and allowed two runs over five innings but suffered his first loss, 5-3 at Seattle. He had missed three weeks due to a strained right biceps.

"I'm pleased with the fact my body felt good. I had no problems," Duchscherer said. "I threw my pitches pain free."

Oakland (17-12) started this series with a 16-hit attack in a 14-2 win on Monday to move one game ahead of Los Angeles for the AL West lead. But the Athletics have fallen one game behind the Angels after managing a total of one run and 10 hits in the next two games, including a 6-1 loss on Wednesday.

A's shortstop Bobby Crosby is 0-for-11 in this series to continue his woes at Angel Stadium. Crosby -- a career .241 hitter -- is much worse in Anaheim, where he is 12-for-80 (.150).

More surprising is that Angels slugger Vladimir Guerrero is 0-for-8 with two walks in this series. Guerrero is still looking for his first hit against the A's this season after batting .420 (21-for-50) against them in 2007.

First baseman Casey Kotchman, meanwhile, had three hits and drove in three runs for Los Angeles on Wednesday to snap out of a 6-for-35 (.171) slump at home.

Nick Adenhart will make his major league debut for Los Angeles. Adenhart is replacing Dustin Moseley, who was shifted to the bullpen on Monday after posting a 7.30 ERA in five starts.

The Angels will call up Adenhart from Triple-A Salt Lake, where he went 4-0 with a 0.87 ERA in five starts. He will be pitching on three days' rest after allowing an unearned run and three hits over a season-high eight innings on Sunday in an 8-1 win over Fresno.

The 21-year-old right-hander was a 14th-round draft pick in 2004.

Top Bottom