Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4/3 ICC Cricket WC: South Africa vs Ireland

Longhorn85

South Africa feels the weight of expectation
April 2, 2007

Mickey Arthur, the South Africa coach, said his team felt "added pressure" to beat Ireland on Tuesday as they tried to set themselves up to progress past the Super Eights stage. Arthur also said South Africa wanted to avoid a rematch with Australia in the semi-finals.

South Africa face Ireland and Bangladesh this week and need a more convincing performance than in their warm-up game when Ireland nearly pinched a shock victory. South Africa were in trouble at 91 for 8 before Andrew Hall led a recovery that inched them to 192. Ireland were on track to overhaul the total until they lost 18 for 6 in a late collapse.

Arthur said beating Ireland and Bangladesh, which would give South Africa six points from three matches, was crucial. "They are huge games because when you sit down and make plans for the rest of the tournament, they are both 'banker' games and, with games like that, there comes an added pressure," Arthur told AFP.

Jacques Kallis survived two chances to make his 61st one-day international half-century and steer South Africa to a seven-wicket win over Ireland in their World Cup Super Eight match at Providence Stadium in Guyana.

longhorn please pm me when you make an event again in the future. Please please. I have been asking spartacus to make an event, but havn't seen any and i missed this one. Well thanks alot bud.

Top Bottom