Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4/16 NBA Hornets vs Kings

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Hornets set for road game in Sacramento

If revenge is for suckers, the Kings will be looking to suck it up against the Hornets, who beat them 90-76 in their last meeting.

Sacramento brings a 42-38 overall mark (10-6 in the division) into this game versus a New Orleans team carrying a 38-41 record.

The Kings opened as 9-point home favorites, with an opening total of 193.

Byron Scott's troops hosted Utah last game and came away with a 105-104 loss, a game that went over 183. Oddsmakers had them as 2 point underdogs in that one.

The Kings come off a 100-82 win against the Nuggets, a game where they were 2 point underdogs. The game went under the closing total of 200.5.

Another playoff berth for the Sacramento Kings is on the line when they play host to the New Orleans Hornets.

Sacramento cut its magic number to one with a 100-82 victory at Denver on Saturday. The Kings will qualify for their eighth straight postseason appearance with either one more win or one Utah loss.

After this contest, the Kings end the regular season at home Tuesday against Seattle. Utah has road games Sunday against Dallas and Monday versus San Antonio -- the top two teams in the Southwest Division -- before the regular-season finale Wednesday at home against Golden State.

The midseason arrival of defensive star Ron Artest has given a major boost to Sacramento, which has seen its streak of five straight 50-win seasons come to an end.

[0]

The Kings are 24-14 with Artest, including a 13-3 mark at Arco Arena. Sacramento also is limiting its opponents to 90.4 points per game in Artest's 16 home games.

He managed only seven points on 3-of-13 shooting in Saturday's win, but played for the first time with extra padding on his injured right thumb.

"I figure I have to do something else now. Rebound, play defense, get some assists," Artest said. "I'm going to take shots, but they are going to fall in crunch time. They may not fall as much as they used to, but they are going to fall, so I'm not going to be shy about shooting."

Mike Bibby had 23 points and 10 assists to help Sacramento to its seventh victory in nine games. Kenny Thomas added 18 points on 9-of-11 shooting as the Kings took advantage while the playoff-bound Nuggets limited their starters' minutes.

The Kings are one game behind the Los Angeles Lakers for seventh place in the Western Conference standings. Sacramento owns the tiebreaker over Los Angeles.

Sacramento's victory at Denver eliminated New Orleans from playoff contention. The Hornets are beginning a three-game road trip to close out a season that has been successful following an 18-win campaign in 2004-05.

New Orleans played its final game of the season at Oklahoma City in a 105-104 loss to Utah on Friday. Chris Paul missed a shot as time expired, but felt he was fouled by fellow rookie Deron Williams.

"I felt like it but it doesn't matter," Paul said. "They call it how they see it and that's their job. Our job is to try to score points."

New Orleans forward David West returned and had 31 points and 12 rebounds after missing one game with a sprained left ankle.

The Hornets have dropped nine in a row at Arco Arena since a 97-93 victory on Jan. 12, 1997.

Top Bottom