Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3/3 NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres

redguru

Toronto (27-26-5) at Buffalo (36-16-5) 8:00 pm EST

BUFFALO, New York (Ticker) - The Buffalo Sabres have lost three of their last four games, but there will be extra motivation in their air Friday.

The Sabres will retire former captain Pat LaFontaine's No. 16 jersey prior to their game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, who have not won a game in nearly a month.

LaFontaine, who served as Buffalo's captain from 1992-97, will become the sixth player in franchise history to have his uniform number raised to the rafters.

"It's a real special thing," LaFontaine said. "The fact I've been out of the game for a while now, you appreciate it more than ever. I've had a chance to reflect about my time in Buffalo and all the memories, and really take it in."

Inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2003, LaFontaine recorded 158 goals and 227 assists in seven seasons with the Sabres, including a career-best 148 points in 1992-93.

A five-time All-Star, LaFontaine accumulated 468 goals and 545 assists in 865 games over a 15-year career. He recorded two 50-goal seasons and a pair of 100-point campaigns.

"When you followed the NHL, 'LaFontaine' was a name that jumped out at you," Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller said. "I obviously paid attention to the great players and he's definitely one that stands out. So I recognize how much he means to Buffalo."

The Sabres' mini-slump continued Wednesday in a 4-2 loss to Atlanta despite power-play goals from Chris Drury and Maxim Afinogenov.

Toronto has dropped three straight games and, thanks to the Olympic break, has not posted a victory since February 7. In Tuesday's 5-3 setback against Washington, the Leafs went 1-for-9 with the power play, getting only a first-period tally from Darcy Tucker.

Top Bottom