Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

3/12 NHL: Detroit Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks [Correct Odds]

redguru

Detroit (43-15-5) at Chicago (20-34-9) 7:00 pm EST

CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Captain Steve Yzerman and the Detroit Red Wings hope to remain perfect this season against the Chicago Blackhawks when the teams square off at United Center on Sunday in the second game of a home-and-home series.

Yzerman scored twice and Pavel Datsyuk added a goal and an assist Saturday as the Red Wings posted a 6-4 victory over the struggling Blackhawks.

Mark Mowers, Henrik Zetterberg and Kris Draper also tallied for Detroit, which improved to 5-0-0 this season against Chicago, outscoring its Central Division rival by a 22-11 margin.

"A good win for us, obviously," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "Every one you play, it's important to get off to a good start, and I thought we really skated early and I thought we had our game going real good."

Detroit has won nine of its last 11 and leads second-place Dallas (42-19-3) by four points for the best record in the Western Conference.

Patrick Sharp and Curtis Brown scored third-period goals on Saturday for Chicago, which has dropped seven of nine.

"We didn't play that bad," former Red Wing and current Blackhawks captain Martin Lapointe said. "I think it's just a couple mental mistakes in our zone, got a couple guys loose in front of the net and they banged it in."

The Blackhawks have not defeated the Red Wings since posting a 3-0 triumph here on December 28, 2003.

Top Bottom