Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2/5 NCAABB Baylor @ #16 Texas AM - 2PM ESPN

SLAYER69!

Baylor (14-7) at (16) Texas A&M (17-4)

Texas A&M’s longest winning streak in 90 years seems like a distant memory given the team’s dismal offensive showing the last two games.

Coming off an embarrassing home loss, the 16th-ranked Aggies will try to avoid losing a third straight Saturday when they host Baylor, who hope an injury to leading scorer LaceDarius Dunn won’t keep him from the matchup.

Texas A&M (17-4, 4-3 Big 12) won 13 straight between Nov. 26 and Jan. 15, but has since lost three of four, including two losses to conference-leader Texas.

AdChoices

After a 57-48 defeat at Nebraska last Saturday, the Aggies suffered a humiliating 69-49 home defeat to the No. 3 Longhorns on Monday. Texas A&M shot a season-worst 30.9 percent, its lowest at College Station since a 28.6-percent performance in a loss to Kansas State in 2001.

The Aggies have been cold from the floor their last four games, averaging 55.2 points and shooting 37.1 percent. Over the winning streak, they were averaging 72.2 points on 45.3-percent shooting.

“I’ve got to get my team back,” coach Mark Turgeon said. “I don’t like the way we’re playing. I think we just got really caught up in ourselves and became a little bit uncoachable. I’ve felt this coming for a while and I just hope I can fix it by Saturday.”

While Texas A&M is trying to forget about its horrendous performance against the Longhorns, the game was particularly forgettable for leading scorer Khris Middleton, who was scoreless after going 0 for 9 from the field.

Middleton, who is averaging 15.0 points on 47-percent shooting, has been held to single digits just four times this season. Most recently, he scored nine points against Oklahoma State on Jan. 12, but then bounced back and scored 28 the next game against Missouri.

Besides hoping Middleton can respond well, Turgeon is also optimistic he’ll have B.J. Holmes available after the senior guard suffered a bruised right knee late in the loss to the Longhorns. Holmes, who had a season-high 19 points in 27 minutes Monday, is averaging 9.3 points and 3.4 assists.

Texas A&M, which hasn’t lost consecutive home games in nearly three years, has won its last two home games against Baylor, including a 78-71 victory last February.

The Bears (14-7, 4-4) have also struggled on the road, losing their last three away from home after winning at Texas Tech on Jan. 8. They suffered a 73-66 loss at Oklahoma on Wednesday, falling short after going on a 24-3 run late. The loss was their fourth in six games overall.

The game was pushed back one day after a blizzard hit Oklahoma City, but the extra day off didn’t seem to help Baylor, which had 16 turnovers. Dunn had five of the turnovers while scoring 15 points.

The senior may have been slowed after suffering a hip contusion in the first half when he took a charge.

“We’re a young team with only one senior and it didn’t help when (Dunn) got injured in the beginning of the game because I know that affected his play,” coach Scott Drew said.

Dunn, who is averaging 20.7 points, scored 23 points in each of the two games against the Aggies last season.

Top Bottom