Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2/3 SUPERBOWL Giants vs Patriots -12.5

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

It's been an interesting build up to Super Bowl XLII. There is a clear-cut favorite in the New England Patriots, shooting for history with a 19-0 mark, facing a team that were in danger of not even making the playoffs until the final weeks of the season. But the heavy favorite hasn't been a pointspread covering machine the last half of the season (1-7 ATS in their last eight games), while the big underdog has been (7-1 ATS in their last eight starts).

This result is a clear reluctance by the betting public to throw their money behind a team that is one game away from being crowned the greatest team in the history of the league. The Giants are seeing more of the wagering volume (57%) heading into the weekend.

The line has been holding steady in the final week, with New England as a 12-point favorite. The last time there was a double-digit favorite in the Super Bowl, the Patriots were playing the St. Louis Rams…and the Rams were favored by 14 points. Cue the first significant step toward "legend" status for Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, as New England pulled off the huge upset, winning the game straight up, 20-17.

In fact, you have to go back to the 1994-'95 season to find a double-digit Super Bowl favorite who has covered the number. That year the San Francisco 49ers, led by Steve Young, trounced the San Diego Chargers, 49-26. Since then there have been four other teams in the big game with a spread of 10 or higher placed on them. None of those four teams have managed to cash a winning ticket for their pointspread backers.

Perhaps it is worth noting, or maybe it's not really noteworthy, but all four of those double-digit ATS losers were from the NFC (Dallas once, Green Bay twice and the aforementioned Rams).

Anyone looking for angle with double-digit favorites in the Super Bowl and the Total, which sits at 54, appears to be out of luck - we didn't find one.

I new england win with a giants cover and I lose all three events

personally I'm calling pats near blowout

pats mid to late 30s
nyg 20 +/- a field goal

Spartacus said:
I new england win with a giants cover and I lose all three events

personally I'm calling pats near blowout

pats mid to late 30s
nyg 20 +/- a field goal

I think Manning is going to turn it over >2 times, if so - 25+ win

Angel said:
And to think I did not bet this time
don't feel bad. i went to bet about mins before and when i checking it didn't take my bet. I would have been the first I would have won big. Kicking my ass for not checking it sooner. :worried:

hell yes i knew they would win i'm sorry but i'm a hater when it comes to NE ever since they beat the rams in SB

Top Bottom