Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2/21 NCAABB Oklahoma State @ #1 Kansas - 9PM ESPN

SLAYER69!

Oklahoma State (16-10) at (1) Kansas (25-2)

Not only did Kansas bounce back from a blowout, it gained a boost when the team it’s chasing in the Big 12 lost.

The Jayhawks may not be top ranked anymore when they take the court Monday night looking for a 15th straight home victory over Oklahoma State, which could be without leading scorer Marshall Moses.

Kansas (25-2, 10-2) rose to No. 1 last Monday after Ohio State suffered its first loss. The Jayhawks, though, fell 84-68 at arch-rival Kansas State later that night.

Kansas was hardly the only top team to be upset during the week, however. Second-ranked Ohio State, No. 3 Texas and No. 4 Pittsburgh all lost.

AdChoices
Markieff Morris had three points and no rebounds against the Wildcats. He’s second on the team with 13.3 points per game and first with 8.4 rebounds.

Morris returned to form Saturday in a 89-63 victory over Colorado, scoring a season-high 26 points and grabbing 15 boards. His eight offensive rebounds were the most by a Kansas player in a conference game in seven years.

“I think us as a team had something to prove,” he said. “It was embarrassing losing to K-State. We don’t want to do that again. We’ve just got to get better and I guess it starts with me.”

Kansas pulled within one game of the Big 12 lead when the Longhorns suffered their first conference loss Saturday at Nebraska.

“We didn’t expect Texas to lose to Nebraska, and they got one,” Morris said. “Now we need them to lose another one. If they do not lose another one, we are not going to stop trying to get better every day.”

Coach Bill Self quickly turned the focus to Monday’s game against his alma mater. Self is 5-4 in his Jayhawks career against Oklahoma State - his worst mark against a Big 12 opponent - and Kansas lost 85-77 at Stillwater on Feb. 27, 2010 in the most recent meeting.

That was the Jayhawks’ second defeat to Oklahoma State in the last three matchups.

“We’ve got Okie State coming to town,” Self said. “Last year they kicked our butts down there and we didn’t have a very good game. Certainly they know some things on how to attack us and we’ve got to be a much better basketball team on Monday night.”

The Cowboys, though, may not have Moses, who averages 14.1 points. The senior swingman has been sick and logged seven minutes in a 67-66 home loss to No. 21 Texas A&M on Saturday, going scoreless for the first time this season.

Moses has played well against Kansas. He made all four shots and had eight points and seven rebounds in 17 minutes off the bench last season, and scored 18 points with eight boards in a 78-67 loss at Lawrence on Feb. 7, 2009.

Oklahoma State (16-10, 4-8) has not won at Allen Fieldhouse since Feb. 8, 1989, when Self was an assistant to then-Cowboys coach Leonard Hamilton.

Oklahoma State lost its third straight Saturday, getting 36 points from its starters with Moses not being a factor. Reserve Reger Dowell scored a team-high 22.

“It’s a huge disappointment,” guard Keiton Page said. “We had to win this game. We’re at home with our crowd.”

The Cowboys have dropped seven in a row on the road.

Kansas leads the nation in field-goal percentage at 52.1, while Oklahoma State is last in the Big 12 at 43.4.

cant believe i took ok st here. after kansas burned me in that k state game it was too hard to trust them here.

also why i bet against ohio st tonight. all the top teams this year are playing like middle of the road teams.

Top Bottom