Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2/18 NBA LA Lakers @ Golden State Warriors 10:30PM ET ESPN

SLAYER69!

Los Angeles (43-10) at Golden State (19-35)

The Los Angeles Lakers returned from the All-Star break to deliver an emphatic home victory. The blowout win could be significant with the club taking on a rested Pacific Division rival 24 hours later.

After coasting to a win in the first game of a back-to-back set, the Lakers hope to have some energy left Wednesday night when they visit the run-and-gun Golden State Warriors, playing for the first time in nearly a week.

Los Angeles (43-10) pulled away from Atlanta with a 22-12 scoring advantage in the second quarter Tuesday night. It then used a 40-point third period to help build a 25-point lead before cruising to a 96-83 win that coach Phil Jackson hopes is the start of a strong stretch run.

“Playing through a lot of road games, being consistent, not thinking this is a done deal yet,” Jackson said, ticking off the league-leading Lakers’ goals for the rest of the season. “Getting off to a good start coming out of this break is also important to us.”

Six Los Angeles players reached double figures in scoring in the Lakers’ eighth win in nine games. More importantly for Wednesday’s matchup, the Lakers got plenty of rest with the game wrapped up early.

Kobe Bryant played 28-plus minutes and Pau Gasol recorded his third career triple-double with 12 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in just under 31 minutes. Lamar Odom, who had 15 points and 20 boards, led the team with 34 minutes.

The Lakers hope they saved enough energy for what’s sure to be another fast-paced affair with the Warriors (19-35). Los Angeles beat Golden State 130-113 at home Dec. 28 and took a 114-106 win Jan. 7 at Oracle Arena.

Both teams have scored at least 106 points in each of their last seven meetings.

The Warriors could have some extra spring in their step for this matchup, considering they haven’t played since last Thursday. They hope that long layoff hasn’t affected their momentum after they took a season-high three-game winning streak into the All-Star break.

Golden State, which is 14-12 in Oakland, closed the first half with home wins over Utah, New York and Portland.

“We continue to score at a high level and I think we’ll always have a chance as long as our defense holds us and the boys carry out the game plan,” coach Don Nelson said after a 105-98 victory over the Trail Blazers.

Former Lakers player Ronny Turiaf made his first three starts at center in those victories, replacing injured starter Andris Biedrins. He delivered his first double-double in nearly two years with 14 points and 11 rebounds against Portland.

“He’s just been our brick wall,” Warriors captain Stephen Jackson said of Turiaf, whom the Warriors lured away from the Lakers with a four-year contract over the summer.

“It’s just something where he’s behind us and he’s always there. He’s Mr. Reliable. He’s definitely been the key to the way we’ve been playing these last couple of games and I’ve got to take my hat off to him, he’s doing an excellent job.”

Turiaf totaled six points, five steals, four blocked shots and three rebounds in 30 minutes off the bench in his first two games against the Lakers.

“I knew coming into this situation I was the backup center and I knew my position,” Turiaf said. “I’m just trying to hold the fort down for Andris.”

Biedrins, who averages 13.0 points and a team-high 11.8 rebounds, is day-to-day with a sprained right ankle.

Top Bottom