Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2/14 NBA New Jersey @ Detroit

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Nets hope to run Pistons out of the gym

The Detroit Pistons will try and forget about last game's loss when they welcome the New Jersey Nets to the Palace of Auburn Hills on Tuesday.

New Jersey takes its 27-22 mark to Detroit to rumble with the 41-9 Pistons.

Oddsmakers like the Pistons in this one, opening the line at 9.5 in favor of Detroit. They are 41-9 this season, while the Nets are 27-22. The total opened at 179.

Lawrence Frank's team hopes to build upon a 94-79 win over Bucks. They were 8.5-point favorites in a game that went under the total.

The Pistons, meanwhile, will try to forget a 100-98 loss at the hands of the Heat, a game where they were favorites by 1.5. The total score went over the total.

Either I don't understand something about betting or Detroit is somehow not good... If I were to bet 1000 on Detroit, how much would I win if they won? And what would make me win the event?

Any info helps me understand betting more. K to those who help.

eat big said:
Either I don't understand something about betting or Detroit is somehow not good... If I were to bet 1000 on Detroit, how much would I win if they won? And what would make me win the event?

Any info helps me understand betting more. K to those who help.
detroit is favored by 9.5,hence the -9.5 as will subtract these points from thier final score. so detroit needs to win by 10 or better to win the bet. the 9-10 odds means you win 90% of what you bet. so if you bet 1000 on detroit and they win by 10 or better you win 900. when you bet the amount you bet is automatically subtracted from your karma. then if you win you get your original wagered karma back plus your winnings.

4everhung said:
detroit is favored by 9.5,hence the -9.5 as will subtract these points from thier final score. so detroit needs to win by 10 or better to win the bet. the 9-10 odds means you win 90% of what you bet. so if you bet 1000 on detroit and they win by 10 or better you win 900. when you bet the amount you bet is automatically subtracted from your karma. then if you win you get your original wagered karma back plus your winnings.

Ok kewl but why would anyone bet if they lose karma? If you win 90% of what you bet, don't you lose 10%?

50 large on New jersey.------
Yep, I "WAS" going to put it on detroit, BUT, my gut is telling me they won't cover... Unless my stomach is just really full and i'm getting mixed signals???? Uh oh, what did I do?

Whiskey

eat big said:
Okay, awsome. I know I look like a retard but I just want to learn.
no not at all
at first it looks like calculus
and we all know how easy calculus is to master

Top Bottom