Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

12/30 NFL San Diego @ Oakland

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

San Diego is making a second-half push that should frighten the front runners in the AFC. LT looks like the LT of 2006 and the Raiders should provide only token resistance as the Chargers push for a better playoff seed. Of note, the Chargers are 8-1 ATS the past nine meetings with the Raiders.

Oddsmakers currently have the Chargers listed as 9-point favorites versus the Raiders, while the game's total has not yet been posted.

LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 107 yards and a touchdown in Week 16 to lead the Chargers to a 23-3 home win over the Denver Broncos.

The Chargers had no trouble covering the 9-point spread in that contest, while the combined score fell UNDER the night's posted total (47).

The Raiders lost to Jacksonville 49-11 as a 14-point underdog in Week 16. The combined score went OVER the posted over/under total (40).

JaMarcus Russell completed 7-of-23 passes for 83 yards with a touchdown and three interceptions for Oakland, while Dominic Rhodes rushed for 115 yards on 27 carries.

My math favors San Diego by 11 ½ points if San Diego plays their starters the entire way and the Chargers have some incentive to win this game, as a loss could drop them to a the #4 seed in the AFC if Pittsburgh wins (which would mean a 2nd round game with New England). JaMarcus Russell will get his first start and Russell looked like a rookie in extended time last week and has averaged just 3.8 yards per pass play on 37 pass plays this season (against teams that would allow 5.7 yppp to an average quarterback). I suspect the the Chargers will pull their stars if they get a comfortable second half lead, but I’ll lean with Chargers and the Under.

Top Bottom