Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

12/3 NFL Atlanta @ Washington

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

The fans at FedExField will be treated to a game between the Atlanta Falcons and the Washington Redskins when they take their seats on Sunday.

Oddsmakers currently have the Falcons listed as 1-point favorites versus the Redskins, while the game's total is sitting at 38½.

Atlanta's passing game went south in a 31-13 loss to New Orleans last weekend as 3-point home favorites. The 44 points scored were UNDER the posted total of 48.

Michael Vick rushed 166 yards, but threw for only 84. Warrick Dunn ran for 52 yards and a touchdown for the Falcons.

Jason Campbell won his first game as the Washington starter in a 17-13 victory over Carolina last weekend, winning the game as 4.5-point home underdogs. The 30 points scored were UNDER the posted total of 36.

Campbell threw for 118 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception, while Ladell Betts ran for 104 yards for the Redskins.

OK so has anyone seen how the 'Skins are just MANhandling the Atlanta Falcons in this game?

I tell you what, the Redskin runners are all exceptionally well-coached as far as how to use their blockers. I mean, I saw Ladell Betss make a couple of great decisions that got 3-5 yards. Then TJ Duckett comes in and has to wait for a block to materialize before he can get going for a nice 5-yard gain. Then they run a designed play-action bootleg and Jason Campbell makes a great move inside to gain about 10 yards due to a nice sealing off block by the WR.

Gawd. This is going to be a very long afternoon for the Falcons. Until the 'Skins start to shoot themselves in the feet.

Also, note that every play on that opening drive went for positive yardage.

Now the Falcons just went three-and-out on the ensuing possession.

This is going to be fun.

Oh, just crushing blocks being thrown here.

And now the bomb....

could they be playing any more to formula?

Jim Mora has no idea.

I wish my son and the coaching staff of my son's team could all be watching this together with me.

Oh and then stopped on fourth down.

Well, so far, the Falcons are doing the better job of beating themselves and Washington is keeping it together pretty well.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of football left to play.

The Redskins should be in slow-down mode NOW. Take the entire 40 seconds EVERY play. Stay in bounds. Run the ball.

The way this game is going, rather than simply wasting exactly 120 seconds with each possession, it would have the affect of just pushing the Falcons' defense around for the rest of the afternoon and increasing the margin of victory by 7-20 points.

Oh, "throwing it away" right into the arms of a defensive lineman isn't going to help, either.

Excusable rookie mistake. Correctable; likely already self-corrected. However in the context of this game, could be the death knell. Likely it's just going to make it harder to win.

Top Bottom