Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

12/15 NFL Cincinnati @ San Francisco

How bad are the 49ers? So bad that in the eyes of oddsmakers they are 9-point underdogs at home to a lousy Cincinnati team. San Fran has won eight of the past 10 meetings, but the Bengals have dominated ATS, going 5-0-1 against the number.

Oddsmakers currently have the Bengals listed as 9-point favorites versus the 49ers, while the game's total is sitting at 43.

The Bengals defeated St. Louis 19-10 as a 10-point favorite in Week 14. The combined score fell UNDER the posted over/under total (45.5).

Rudi Johnson rushed for 92 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries for Cincinnati, while Carson Palmer completed 21-of-29 passes for 189 yards with two interceptions

The 49ers lost to Minnesota 27-7 as an 8.5-point underdog in Week 14. The combined score fell UNDER the posted over/under total (39).

Trent Dilfer completed 7-of-9 passes for 45 yards with an interception for San Francisco, while Frank Gore rushed for 68 yards on 16 carries.

Cincinnati is an improved team since inserting Rashad Jeanty at linebacker and moving Robert Geathers to defensive end in week 5, as the Bengals once porous defense has yielded just 5.0 yards per play in 5 games since the defensive changes (to teams that would combine to average 4.9 yppl against an average defense). The Bengals are still better than average offensively and are a slightly better than average team overall even with worse than average special teams. San Francisco, meanwhile, is the NFL’s second worst team, but Shaun Hill could be an improvement at quarterback over Alex Smith and Trent Dilfer. Hill came in last week and looked decisive and sharp in completing 22 of 27 passes and averaging 6.0 yards per pass play. Those numbers came against a Minnesota defense that was playing soft, but at least Hill made the right reads and threw the ball accurately, which is more than can be said of the Niners’ other two quarterbacks. I’ll assume that Hill is not an upgrade and my math model favors Cincinnati by 5 ½ points. However, the Niners have been under-performing their stats by 3 points so I can certainly justify a line of 8 ½ points in this game. I’m going to lean with San Francisco based on the decent chance that Hill is an improvement at quarterback.

Top Bottom