Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

12/10 1AA semi-finals Furman @ Appalachian St

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

Saturday December 10, 2005

Furman (Conf: 5-2) 12:00pm

Appalachian St. (Conf: 6-1) ET

earlier this year
(7) Furman 34, (16) Appalachian St. 31

October 8, 2005

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) -- Furman's Ingle Martin threw a 6-yard pass to Patrick Sprague with 31 seconds to go as the Paladins broke a three-game losing streak to Appalachian State with a 34-31 win on Saturday.

The Mountaineers (3-2, 1-1 Southern Conference) nearly sent the game to overtime after Jermane Little returned the kickoff 46 yards and quarterback Reggie Williams used a run and two passes to get the ball to the Furman 23 with three seconds to go.

But Julian Rauch's 41-yard field goal try was deflected by William Freeman and fell short as the clock expired.

Martin completed 15 of his 26 passes to seven different receivers for 252 yards and two scores. Jerome Felton led Furman (5-1, 1-1) with 72 yards on 16 carries.

Williams was 23-of-31 for 272 yards and two touchdowns and led the Mountaineers in rushing with 124 yards on 18 carries. Little caught eight passes for 67 yards for Appalachian State.

Furman had lost three in a row in the series in heartbreaking fashion and appeared to be on its way to another tough loss after Williams threw touchdown passes in the fourth quarter to Daniel Bettis and Hans Batichon to put the Mountaineers ahead 31-26.

But Martin led the Paladins on a 14-play, 74-yard drive that included a critical fourth-down conversion on an offsides penalty.

redguru said:
I think it was a fluke, and until proven wrong, I think Appalachian State is the best in the Division.

After last week I can't argue with you, should be a good game.

10 large appalachian st.

Whiskey

Top Bottom