Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

11/20 2005 NASCAR Nextel Cup Championship

redguru

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- All that remains is to run the race.

Neither points leader Tony Stewart nor Jimmie Johnson, who trails Stewart by 52 points in the Chase for the Nextel Cup, had particularly productive qualifying runs Saturday in Homestead, Fla. Stewart will make his bid for a second title starting from the 20th position. Johnson will try to break his string of two straight runner-up finishes while starting 32nd.

Although it may appear Johnson is at a disadvantage, consider this: Stewart and Co. have built and brought a reliable No. 20 car made for a consistent finish; Johnson and Co. have put together a car designed to win. The jaunt from the back to the front might be easier for a car bent on being up front.

"Where we are right now -- we started with a provisional last year, worked our way up and finished second," Johnson said. "So, I feel very good about it. I know this racetrack. I would prefer to start further up than where I am, but it is what it is and we'll just go out there and get to work. It's going to be a long 400 miles."

Made all the longer by the fact that Johnson will have one eye on getting to the front and another eye on where Stewart lurks.

Edwards won the pole, has won 2 out of the last 3 races, His chance to win is an outside one, but those odds are little high in my opinion.

Top Bottom