Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10/23 NCAAF #13 Wisconsin @ #15 Iowa 3:30PM ABC - 5 Million Max

SLAYER69!

Wisconsin’s imposing offensive line paved the way for another solid rushing performance by John Clay in one of the biggest regular-season victories in the program’s history.

Things won’t get much easier this weekend at Kinnick Stadium, where Iowa fans are likely to watch the Big Ten race play out in front of them over the next several weeks.

The 10th-ranked Badgers visit the 13th-ranked Hawkeyes on Saturday, as Iowa plays the first of three home games against the Big Ten’s other championship contenders.

AdChoices
Wisconsin (6-1, 2-1) upset then-No. 1 Ohio State 31-18 at home last Saturday. David Gilreath set the tone when he returned the game’s opening kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown, and Clay rushed for 104 yards and two scores, becoming the first player to run for 100 yards against the Buckeyes in 30 games.

“We’re only three games into the Big Ten schedule. We’ve done some good things, but to beat the No. 1 team … It’s good,” coach Bret Bielema said.

Clay has gained 100 yards or more in six of Wisconsin’s seven games, failing to reach that mark in a 34-24 loss at then-No. 24 Michigan State on Oct. 2. He credits the offensive line.

“They work for me out in the front in the trenches, moving people for me so I can run the ball,” Clay said.

Led by 315-pound Gabe Carimi and 323-pound John Moffitt and averaging 320 pounds, Wisconsin’s line is a big reason why the offense has been so good. The Badgers are scoring touchdowns on 80.6 percent of their trips in the red zone - the second-best percentage in the nation - and their 36.3 points per game rank second in the Big Ten.

“First of all, they’re gigantic,” Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz said. “That jumps right at you. That is the major difference between our two teams. Their size compared to ours is a pretty significant difference.”

After finding a way to overcome Ohio State’s defense, the Badgers now look to do the same to Iowa (5-1, 2-0), which ranks sixth in the nation with 13.2 points per game allowed and seventh in run defense, giving up 83.8 yards per game.

That defense is hoping to help Iowa win its first Big Ten title since 2004. The Hawkeyes have the advantage of hosting all of their top competitors for the crown, including No. 8 Michigan State next week. No. 11 Ohio State will visit Iowa City on Nov. 20.

“I’m not looking at the race,” Ferentz said. “I hope our players aren’t. To me, there is no race yet. We’re two games into it, and you know, tortoise and the hare and all that stuff; it’s a long race. And right now I know we have a tough game Saturday, that’s as far as I’ve looked.”

The Hawkeyes return home after a 38-28 win at Michigan last Saturday. Derrell Johnson-Koulianos had four catches for 70 yards and three touchdowns while Adam Robinson rushed for 143 yards and two more scores.

Although Ricky Stanzi earned Big Ten offensive player of the week honors by throwing three TD passes without an interception, much of the hard work on offense has been done by Robinson, who had a career-high 31 carries against the Wolverines, gaining 143 yards with two scores.

Carrying the load at running back after Iowa lost Jewel Hampton to a season-ending knee injury, the sophomore Robinson ranks fifth in the conference with 623 rushing yards and has eight touchdowns.

Defensively, the Hawkeyes know they’ll need a better performance this weekend than they had against Michigan. They gave up a season-high 187 yards rushing and 522 total yards.

Iowa has won its last two against Wisconsin, including a 20-10 victory in Madison last year. The Hawkeyes held the Badgers to 230 yards of offense and forced Scott Tolzien to throw three interceptions - the same number of picks Tolzien has in 148 attempts this season.

Wisconsin has averaged 12.5 points while losing three of its last four visits to Iowa City.

Top Bottom