Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10/10 UFC Ortz vs Shamrock III

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

The on-going Saga between the "World's Most Dangerous Man" and the "Huntington beach Bad Boy" finally comes to a close this Tuesday on Spike TV. Ken Shamrock looks to avenge his two TKO losses against Tito Ortiz in this third, and thankfully, final chapter of a seemingly never-ending, trash talking extravaganza.

Oritiz (-850) vs. Shamrock (+550) height="165">Ortiz opens as the clear favorite at (-850). Ortiz is confident he will steamroll his way through this fight, and duplicate his previous successes against Shamrock! In their first match-up in 2002, Ortiz solidified himself as the new face of the then reinvented UFC when he TKO'D Shamrock in the third round! The rivalry was freshly ignited once again as the two fighters were cast as opposing coaches on SPIKE TV'S the Ultimate Fighter Reality Series earlier this year. Being in the same area code together is enough for these two to get at each others throats and the rematch was set for this summer at the conclusion of the television series. The match only lasted 1:18 and was halted when Ortiz had Shamrock pinned against the cage and was landing consistently. A shocked crowd and Shamrock camp immediately called for a rematch and now, three months later, it will be settled once and for all.

Ortiz holds a 2-0 record against Shamrock and he is on a four fight winning streak. However, he lost his belt against current champ Chuck Liddell by a nasty TKO, and 2 of his last 4 wins have been close split decisions. Not the savage beat downs we're used to seeing by Tito.

Shamrock opens as the clear underdog (+550)! Hardly surprising considering his record against Ortiz is 0-2. This older, bitter Shamrock is looking to avoid his third UFC loss in a row. But seriously, the second match-up was a total rip off! The president of the company, Dana White, actually apologized to the fans IN THE RING and promised to make amends for a disappointing early stoppage. Not that Shamrock was at all in control during the fight, but being in trouble doesn't constitute a stoppage! Let them fight for cryin'out loud! There's a lot more between these two than a win-loss record!

But, while my heart would love to see Shamrock finally shut Tito's mouth, what are the odds of that really happening? I would love to put my money down on that, and not just for the huge payout at (+550)!!

OK.so let's break it down!

Ken, despite being in awesome shape, is no young stud at 42! In addition, in his entire career he has had1 TKO, and that was TEN freaking years ago, when he was maybe the pimp of the UFC. But seriously, he simply can't stand up and bang with a younger, faster and stronger Ortiz.

The only way Shamrock has a chance is if he were to SOMEHOW get through the initial onslaught that Tito is going to bring, SOMEHOW take him down, and SOMEHOW land the guard and hope to submit him. He was once (before the WWE and his new, "angry old guy" persona) the greatest shootfighter of all time and could have made a rhinoceros tap-out! But Ortiz has a great stand-up and a ferocious ground and pound, and as the oddsmakers have it, just too much firepower for the now older and slower Ken Shamrock. Sorry buddy, much love..but I would call this one like this:

ufc.jpg

WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
UFC 64
Oct-14
10:00:00 PM 501
RICH FRANKLIN -240
ANDERSON SILVA +180

Oct-14
10:00:00 PM 503
SEAN SHERK -400
KENNY FLORIAN +250

guess I'm pulling for the favorite
kinda rare in a fight as a bookie

UFC is so fucking gay now with their gloves, rules and fight stoppages. I mean crap, If I bought front row tix for that fight to have it end in exactly 1:30 seconds I would piss on the mat!

Top Bottom