Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1/6 NFL PLAYOFFS Tennessee @ San Diego -9.5

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
S

Spartacus

The reward for beating a resting Colts team on the road is to head further west to face the hot Chargers on the road in the AFC Wild Card. Tennessee snuck into the playoffs at 10-6, but lost QB Vince Young to injury. Check his status during the week and watch line moves based on those reports. The Chargers have won six straight games to end the season and have won and covered all four meetings since 1998.

Oddsmakers currently have the Chargers listed as 10-point favorites versus the Titans, while the game's total is sitting at 39½.

The Titans defeated Indianapolis 16-10 as a 4.5-point favorite in Week 17. The combined score fell UNDER the posted over/under total (39).

Vince Young completed 14-of-18 passes for 157 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions before leaving with an injury for Tennessee, while Chris Brown rushed for 22 yards on seven carries with a touchdown.

The Chargers defeated Oakland 30-17 as an 8.5-point favorite in Week 17. The combined score went OVER the posted over/under total (42).

Philip Rivers passed for 135 yards with a pair of touchdown passes for San Diego, while LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 56 yards on 16 carries with a touchdown reception.

Team records:
Tennessee: 10-6 SU, 8-8 ATS
San Diego: 11-5 SU, 11-5 ATS

I'll take the Titans on a 10 point spread any day of the week. Bulluck should be able to keep it within 10 by himself.

I have said this for weeks, the Chargers improved play has predominately been due to the solid play of their defense, which has been flying under the radar due to the big names of their offensive players. The Chargers have the hottest and one of the top three defenses in the playoffs. On the other hand, the Titans are the worst playoff team offensively, and have been getting progressively worse. Young is more name than substance, and should have a reduced role, as the Titans are going to rely on their running game and defense to pull off the upset. This holds especially true with their best receiving option out for this game. Expect the Titans to run as much as possible and keep their passing playbook limited in order to prevent costly mistakes Young is prone to making and the Chargers are prone to creating. The Chargers biggest weakness is their run defense, which should allow the Titans some success to move the ball on the ground, but not enough to become detrimental to the Under. The decisive advantage the Chargers pass defense possesses should prevent the Titans offense from becoming multi dimensional, which therefore limit the points they put on the board. Expect a lot of drives stalled with punts and field goals, as the end zone might not be seen all day out of Titans offense.

The Titans defense has not gotten the credit it was receiving at the beginning of the year. Although there has been somewhat of a drop-off in defensive productivity, it has mainly come due to games in which they were without Haynesworth, and not due to them playing at a level above their heads. Expect the Chargers to also rely on their running game and defense to win. Rivers still can not be trusted, especially going against a dominant pass defense that proved to have the upper hand against him in their first meeting. If the Chargers are going to find success, it will be against a mediocre run defense that will counter with stacked boxes and force Tomlinson to grind out yards. The Chargers may have successful drives, but it will come at the expense of clock time. This should be a defensive struggle and game of field position.

tempted to go all in but will hold it down.............gut is kinda pulling me toward tenn????? will go with money and hope for no regrets.................................................

If Silverfish holds off, SD can bump me to second on the winningest leaderboard.

HumanTarget has won a total of 35566401
silverfish has won a total of 32507190
gjohnson5 has won a total of 31942843
blut wump has won a total of 31809831

Nice choice of the Steelers last night, HT.

F*** I hate the Bolts! Why did I even bet?

Top Bottom