Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

01/26 NHL: Washington @ Boston

redguru

Washington (17-26-5) at Boston (20-21-8) 7:00 pm EST

BOSTON (Ticker) -- Tim Thomas and the Boston Bruins look to get back to the .500 mark for the first time in over two months when they host the Washington Capitals on Thursday.

The Bruins have owned a losing record since dropping a 4-1 decision to the Toronto Maple Leafs on November 17. But Thomas has sparked a recent resurgence, as Boston is 4-0-2 over its last six games with Thomas in goal.

The 31-year-old rookie, who has spent several seasons playing professionally in Finland, Thomas has posted a .933 save percentage in his last six starts while filling in for injured youngsters Andrew Raycroft and Hannu Toivonen.

"I knew I had a chance to help (the Bruins)," said Thomas, who was recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League on January 10. "Did I expect it? I didn't expect it a month ago. I didn't expect it when I got sent down at the beginning of the season. I certainly didn't expect it when I was playing in Finland."

Thomas made 22 saves and P.J. Axelsson scored the go-ahead goal in the third period Tuesday to lift Boston to a 3-2 triumph over the Atlanta Thrashers.

If the Bruins want to triumph on Thursday, they will have to contain Capitals rookie sensation Alexander Ovechkin, whose 34 goals ranks second in the NHL.

Ovechkin's team-leading 34th tally was the only bright spot Wednesday for Washington, which dropped an 8-1 contest to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Olaf Kolzig stopped 29 shots for the Capitals, who have dropped two straight since a season-high four-game winning streak.

Top Bottom