Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do different races grow muscle faster?

muscelove

It seems to me that black guys usually have better genetics than white guys. Yes we have Cutler and Gunter but the rest of the guys in the olympia are black. Am I missing something? Could it just be that more black guys workout than white guys?
Also do you believe that any race is not able to pack on size?

I've noticed this too.

Black guys (people of Arfo decent) tend to have noticably better genetics than white (European) people. I believe that this is from natural selection: until about 100 years ago, in order to live long enough to procreate, Africans would have to be quite physically capable, weaker genetics (in terms of physical strength and size) would generally not survive.

Whereas in Europe, with the "advent" of the feudal system and much more structured society existing for a few hundred generations, the need to be physically strong is not as important. People with other qualities were able to do things which allowed them to florish and find a mate. Wealth and medical science (however basic) allowed small, weak, fat, people to procreate and therefore, white Europeans are much less likely to be of equal genetics to their African cousins.

As an asside, although African skin seems to be a bit thicker, dark skin looks better for showing definition. This is evidenced by the fact that everyone tans as dark as possible before a show.

(but dont forget Rhul, Priest, or the fact that Dorian dominated in a very competative era!)

My wife is Greek Cypriot and there are A LOT of people here who are "muscular" for the non-lifter. Both she and her brother look at the gym and gain 5 pounds of muscle.

I"ve met lots of Eastern Bloc Europeans who don't eat quality foods, don't use supplements and who cannot afford the AAS that most Americans can...yet they are big, thick, and VERY strong. They have also been lifting since they were kids since strength specific sports are VERY important to them.

B True

Whites seem to dominate in strength events. Mark Henry is the only black I can bring to mind in recent 'World's Strongest Man" and a powerlifting championship I recently saw on TV had no black guys.

Blut Wump said:
Whites seem to dominate in strength events. Mark Henry is the only black I can bring to mind in recent 'World's Strongest Man" and a powerlifting championship I recently saw on TV had no black guys.

you read my mind, I was just going to say that
seems odd giving the size some black men grow to.

Are we going to start the old "mucsle size to strength ratio" discussion again? If so I am switching over to the bodybuilder side.

Ronnie Coleman is the strongest guy in the world!!! He is the bestest.

Watch a NFL football game. Most of the players would be black and they are large and very very strong and fast. Maybe this is why you don't see a lot of black Americans in strength competitions. They are making LOTS more money playing in the NFL.

B True

I don't know the names of the positions but the offensive front-line man who passes the ball to the QB is typically white. The big defenders are usually black. RBs are usually black. Most teams are mostly black guys. I think the typical tight-end is white.

Top Bottom