Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you know what i hate about personal trainers?

Nomak666

Im doing my thing at the gym, headphones in my ear, they see me there 6 days per week, hitting a different muscle every day, im lean, muscular, developed muscle, abs. and they still insist on bothering me, telling me not to do cable crunches with so much weight because it will make my abs bulk out, i said bro, its 65 pounds, im using strict form and i do 25-30 reps for 4 sets, dont tellme about bulky abs, cuz im in better shape then every personal trainer at my gym except for the master trainer whos an ameteur bodybuilding competitor since the 90's. another guy said that me training 6 days a week is over training. over training isnt from working out too much, OVER TRAINING IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH FOOD/CALORIES AND REST TO SUPPORT AND REBUILD MUSCLE. And another thing, how do you expect to make money by giving away free info? if i wanted your help, i would ask. not trying to be a dick but come one, im obviously in better shape then most of the so called ACE bs certification personal trainers. sorry if i offended you but just leave me alone.

lol i have never seen that kind of stuff. i only see them giving shit advice to the ones that pay for it. i watched a guy have his first eords with his new trainer the other day it was a guy that was already fit had been working out at home for a while. the trainer asked his goals, he said he wanted to bulk up. the trainer then had him doing some sort of alternating shoulder presses with a band he stood on. after that he did pec deck followed by some form of crazy smith squat with his legs way out in front of him. to top it off their was no talk of diet going on.

yeah dude... the PTs at my gym don't do any of the big lifts with guys who are trying to bulk.. They do machines to "isolate and feel the burn in one muscle group" and the smith machine for bench, and just a few stuff with DBs. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to take out the 1 rack we actually have at our gym.

They also threatened to kick me out for squatting too low because they don't want any injuries in their gym... It's a local YMCA

I thought joining GOLDS GYM was the best decisions but seems like these arent even gyms anymore and their becoming more of a sports club. i need to find a hardcore gym, nothing but free weights and db, squat racks and the basic cables and chin up rack, cold in the winter, hot in the summer, warehouse type shit. the way golds gym used to be.

I thought joining GOLDS GYM was the best decisions but seems like these arent even gyms anymore and their becoming more of a sports club. i need to find a hardcore gym, nothing but free weights and db, squat racks and the basic cables and chin up rack, cold in the winter, hot in the summer, warehouse type shit. the way golds gym used to be.

thats it. we live like hicks here in maryland so we have a junk yard out back. i find ways to squat dead press row shoulder press you name it right in my back yard lol. i do use a gym most of the time though. but ill tell you what you want variety to shake things up theres nothing better than improvising with pipes, tires, buckets, bricks, water, chain, ect. it doesnt get any more hard core than that.

MAn, my first day at the gym, my brother sat me on the bench, threw on 135, slapped me in the face a few times and told me to stop being a girl and put the thing up! lol
I did, then he lowered the weight and had me work on my form. That's what these guys need.
A lot of the trainers are average Joe's, looking for a paycheck, with a decent build and a little belly.
I could never do it, because I don't wanna work with rubber bands and that crap. I'd have the guys puking the first day working out, lol

Im doing my thing at the gym, headphones in my ear, they see me there 6 days per week, hitting a different muscle every day, im lean, muscular, developed muscle, abs. and they still insist on bothering me, telling me not to do cable crunches with so much weight because it will make my abs bulk out, i said bro, its 65 pounds, im using strict form and i do 25-30 reps for 4 sets, dont tellme about bulky abs, cuz im in better shape then every personal trainer at my gym except for the master trainer whos an ameteur bodybuilding competitor since the 90's. another guy said that me training 6 days a week is over training. over training isnt from working out too much, OVER TRAINING IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH FOOD/CALORIES AND REST TO SUPPORT AND REBUILD MUSCLE. And another thing, how do you expect to make money by giving away free info? if i wanted your help, i would ask. not trying to be a dick but come one, im obviously in better shape then most of the so called ACE bs certification personal trainers. sorry if i offended you but just leave me alone.

I think I hear you bro..
I just came out of a state bodybuilding contest for the first time...

Like you - I'm in better shape than all the PTs at my gym hands down.. but they don't really bother me while I train... its when I come up to them for a general converssation about my weight training is when I get the lectures... I'm actually avoiding these conversations now because what you are doing is right for your body - everyone is different and will respond differently to various training programs. I have a 5 day training program but I normally increase it to 6 because it becomes too time consuming to train every bodypart in 5 days (calves, forearms, abs take up time)

I was told to rest 2 weeks after the competition... instead I have just taken 1 week break to refuel my musclles. I am 27 and can recover better from training sessions than these older PTs. 6 days a week is not over training if you are giving each muscle group 6-7 days rest before training again. Some muscle groups you can even train twice a week..

Bulky abs... lol... abs do not get bulky from heavy resistance... our abs will only grow so big but they will get harder and more ripped the stronger they get. Unless you are using GH.. your abs will not bulk out like Ronnie Coleman. 25-30 reps with strict form is great... I've seen countless of guys go hard in 100 situps yet they still have a beer belly...

Giving unsolicited advice is never a way to become a good PT... unless the client is in obvious danger technique wise then a PT should be busy marketing their services or focussing on clients who need their advice most. A good personal trainer worth paying for competes or has competed in bodybuilding contests... the rest of the PTs with their little ACE certificates can cram it..

I value practical experience and the way a personal trainers body looks when it comes to determing whos shit and whos the real deal.

Best to ignore the PTs and if they start to annoy you - challenge them to compare their abs or squats to yours.

personal trainer here......

I agree with you on all the above. Most personal trainers are in it for the wrong reasons. Most do it as a side job, make a little extra cash, get a free membership and meet girls. These trainers can go fuck themselves. They in no shape or form should be allowed to even give advice on how to properly load plates on a bar.

I on the other hand, you tell me you want to bulk up.... i respond with, monday is leg day! Make sure to pack a puke can!

Top Bottom